Sonarr not importing all episodes in season pack (torrents)

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5163
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.12.0.226
Debug logs: Working on it
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here. Post in .txt not .doc, .rtf or some other formatted document)
Description of issue:
For a while now Sonarr seems to only import the first episode or first few episodes of a season pack. I don’t have debug logs yet, as it doesn’t happen frequently and it’s difficult to replicate and catch. For example, a few days ago it automatically searched for an upgraded copy of a show and downloaded a season pack but it only replaced the first episode of the season. I checked the logs but there were no errors related to it. The history shows all the episodes were downloaded but only the first episode shows as being imported in the history. I usually have to redownload because I have a post processing script setup in Sonarr to run after import that will send a delete command to the torrent client. It’s just a shell script that uses curl to send an API request to the torrent client. I looked at other posts on this site for similar issues but I didn’t see any that had a solution.

Sounds like only once file is there when Sonarr starts the import process, that tends to happen when fiels are being unrared as Sonarr tries to import or they’re being copied from somewhere (seedbox, another drive, another system on the network, etc).

In any of those cases, it’s best to unrar/copy to one folder then move the files to the folder Sonarr is looking to import from.

There are no files to unrar and they aren’t being copied. At least they shouldn’t be being copied. Last time I checked they were being hardlinked. I’ll have to check again to rule it out.

I mean copied by the download client before Sonarr sees them, from a temporary download folder to a completed download folder for example.

I realized the other day what the issue is. It’s a post processing script I have. I did not account for the scenario of it downloading a season pack. Is there an environmental variable or some way my script can determine if it is a season pack?

Sonarr doesn’t flag anything and unfortunately sends one event per file, not one for the whole pack.

Ok, I figured. It’s just an issue with my process anyway. It isn’t an issue most of the time and it won’t be a problem once I get a few other things set up. For future people’s, one possible work around could be to use sonarr_release_episodecount on grab to determine if it is a season pack (careful it is not just a two part episode ex. s04e01e02) and to write a file to disk that can later be read be the on download script to identify the download that is a season pack.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.