Sonarr not finding episode that is found manually in TorrentDay

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.3.750
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34
Debug logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcdjzwtgdgefmkh/debug%20logs.zip?dl=0
Description of issue:
So I added the show “Young Sheldon” and monitored and searched for Season 3. As expected, it mostly got the episodes from NZBGeek but because of the takedowns I was expecting it to get the others from TorrentDay (which is configured via Jackett). Surprisingly, I still got 10 missing episodes:

And when I do a manual search for some of them, I see this:

For that example, I was manually searching (in Sonarr) for S03E10 and it properly gets the available releases from NZBGeek but why does it not show S03E10 from TorrentDay? Why does it show other episodes instead?

And when I do a manual search in TorrentDay, I get this:

And here’s what I have when I search in Jackett:

So apparently, these episodes are available in TorrentDay/Jackett but I’m not sure why Sonarr/Jackett isn’t picking them up?

Is this a case of the torrent private indexer not tagging the correct episodes with the correct IMDB ID (tt6226232)? Because when I search the imdb id in Jackett, I also don’t see the correct episodes in the results. If that’s the case, why won’t Sonarr fallback to searching by title if it doesn’t find anything by the id?

Probably.

Because it did get results, just not the correct ones. That’s a Jackett/indexer problem, Jackett shouldn’t be indicating IMDB support for that indexer if it’s not working properly and the indexer shouldn’t return the wrong episodes.

Oh ok. Well, it does support IMDB because it’s working for other tv shows. It’s just this one that I’m having issues with. So that just leaves us with a case of bad tagging for this tv show, right?

Yeah, it seems so.

Wouldn’t it make sense for Sonarr to fallback to searching by the name when it doesn’t find a specific episode using the id?

Also, is there any workaround as to putting a priority to several torrent indexers? Say putting private indexers first before public ones? I don’t care about the scenario wherein there’s a better quality in the public indexers as long as the priority is set for the private ones.

The reason I ask is because I tried adding a couple of public torrent indexers in Sonarr (aside from TorrentDay) but when Sonarr picks up a release from these public indexers I get very slow torrents (not enough peers/seeds). So they tend to be unreliable.

Here’s an interesting topic that is similar to my issue: https://github.com/Jackett/Jackett/issues/8107

In some cases, but that’s not an indexer problem we’re trying to solve.

Releases being rejected, clarification on why maybe? though it’s not something we’re going to officially support so if you go that route you’re on your own.

Ok, got it. Yeah, it looks like the issue is indeed indexer-specific based on the details on that github issue.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.