Sonarr not finding all files

Hi,

I’ve just moved from Sickrage to Sonarr… For the most part everything has gone pretty smooth and the application itself is pretty straight forward. I’m currently running it from my Synology NAS using the community packaged version but have updated it afterwards.

Sonarr version 2.0.0.3645
Mono version 4.2.1 (Stable 4.2.1.102/6dd2d0d Mon Nov 30 14:47:31 CET 2015)

Currently I’ve imported all my TV and Anime but a few of my monitored Anime releases aren’t finding all of the files in the folder where as Sickrage did.

They are

• Naruto Shippuden - Only finds 102/442
  • Fairy tail - Only finds 105 / 264

Files in the folder are named like this

• Naruto.Shippuden.431.That.Smile.Again.mkv

Sonarr is configured to rename like this:

• {Series.Title}.{absolute:000}.{Episode Title}

I cleared the logs and told Sonarr to refresh the files on disk and this is the output. Doesn’t look like there is any errors.

15-12-20 20:06:58.3|Info|SceneMappingService|Updating Scene mappings
15-12-20 20:07:04.5|Info|RefreshSeriesService|Updating Info for Naruto Shippuden
15-12-20 20:07:10.1|Info|RefreshEpisodeService|Starting episode info refresh for: [79824][Naruto Shippuden]
15-12-20 20:07:11.7|Info|RefreshEpisodeService|Finished episode refresh for series: [79824][Naruto Shippuden].
15-12-20 20:07:17.3|Info|DiskScanService|Scanning disk for Naruto Shippuden
15-12-20 20:07:31.5|Warn|Parser|Unable to parse episode info from path /volume1/Shared/ANIME/Naruto Shippuuden [Subbed]/Naruto.Shippuden.026.10.Puppets.VS.100.Puppets.avi
15-12-20 20:07:54.8|Info|DiskScanService|Completed scanning disk for Naruto Shippuden

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

I tried the switch a few months earlier, had the same - or at least a similar - issue. Tried it again last week, the issue still seems to be there.
You should check your file permissions, but I doubt that’s the issue. Something is keeping mono from seeing the files, and I’m out of ideas what it could be.

For reference:

The issue is the naming format, Sonarr can’t differentiate between 431 being absolute episode 431 and season 4 episode 31 (as is often used in release names).

This is a limitation we’re looking to resolve, but it requires a large overhaul to our parser. If the release group is included in square brackets Sonarr will be able to differentiate it from a normal episode.

So if I prefix all of the files in the folder with the release group it came from so it looks like this

• [Horriblesubs] Naruto.Shippuden.431.That.Smile.Again.mkv

It should be able to pick it up? I can work with that.

Yeah, that should do it.

Yep that worked thanks. If anyone else needs to do the same thing and doesn’t want to rename huge numbers of files manually I wrote a simple powershell script to add the release group to the front of each item in the folder.

$items = get-childitem "\\diskstation\shared\ANIME\Naruto Shippuuden"
foreach ($item in $items) {
$currentname = $item.name
$newname = "[Horriblesubs]" + $currentname
Rename-item -path $item.FullName -NewName $newname -force
}

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.