Sonarr & Mislabled Cartoon Episodes

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
((Debug logs)):
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue:

So far here is the list of cartoons that have been messed up, where I have to watch each episode, relabel & re-import. Most of them have hundreds of episodes and the task is daunting… Please fix!

Ducktales
Darkwing Duck
Freak-a-zoid
Animaniacs
Thundercats (1985)
Gargoyles

Also if any of you found anymore please let me know!

-Nutzoids

Hey, I just downloaded two of the mentioned shows. Let me check them out on my end and verify everything is good…

To clarify, are You saying that the indexer site where they are posted had them mislabeled in the title therefore Sonarr got the episodes mixed up or?

This is due to how the episodes are released and how TheTVDB lists them. Please read the ((FAQ)) on numbering issues as that’s the best way to try and get this resolved (if at all possible).

I too have noticed that sometimes Sonarr says they are X episodes in X season of said show, but according to an actual wikipedia lookup, it is wrong. Checking TVDB shows they have it wrong. The only solution would be to inform/update TVDB of the potential error.

TheTVDB does not use Wikipedia as a source, except when no other option exists: https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9271

In they also mention it as a warning on the forums:

Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.
In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Hmmm. Duly noted

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.