Sonarr(Local PC) + RuTorrent(Seedbox) Automation?

Hi,

I have a quick question. So I am trying to get this to work automatically without the use of the Remote Drive Mapping. Here is my Strategy.

1. Two Download Clients RTorrent and Torrent Blackhole. The Strategy for this is to automatically get my RTorrent to download the files into my default location root data folder. Blackhole will be used solely for its Watch Directory.
    2.Rutorrent uses - autotools to hardlink the completed downloaded files to a completed directory.
  2. LFTP: Files in that Completed Directory back to my Blackhole watch directory.
  3. CDH: Hardlinks Watch to Series directory location and deletion on the file in the BlackHole (Struggling to get deletion part to work)

That pretty much the jest of my setup so far. My question I have yet to try with Step one. Since I still cleaning everything up. But anyways… If I use step one to send the torrent files directly to seedbox which inturn. Get transferred to my Blackhole Watched Directory via LFTP. When It finsihes Importing into the Series Directory. does that Original get deleted in Rutorrent due to CDH? Since I am going to need to seed for atleast a few days.

While Sonarr will probably pick the same download client each time, there is no guarantee it won’t start sending torrents to the other client, so two clients is probably not the best way to achieve this.

I’d recommends dropping the blackhole client altogether, use LFTP to sync the files down (as long as it changes the extension while transferring it should be safe) and use a custom script to delete the files from the LFTP directory after importing.

Sonarr won’t remove the torrents from rutorrent while it’s still seeding, offhand I forget if Sonarr supports removed torrents from rutorrent once seeding completes.

Eventually the custom script may be able to be removed when some other features to improve importing are added (transfer providers).

Thanks for the suggestion Markus. Sorry for the late reply

I have removed the Blackhole client from Sonarr, like you recommended. The Automation seems to work as planned except Automatic Manual Import. Which is ok cause I am not using the Mapped Remote Drives. I think I may stick with just Manual Importing them.

Thanks Again

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.