Sonarr keeps self imploding

I looked at the logs and it says something about filename too long but it doesn’t say which one. I recently added a couple of shows and I think maybe that’s what is crashing it… I can only remember “Wishbone” and “Loveline” but maybe something else change? IDK what to do.

Sonarr won’t launch and I can’t reinstall without restarting. I’ve tried looking for a process in the task manager to end but I can’t find anything I’ve also checked running services to see if I can restart nzbdrone.exe and I can’t. It’s like it’s self destructed. I can’t launch from start menu and it’s not running and can’t be reinstalled without a reboot.

SO I GUESS my main question is What’s the difference between running as a service vs not? as that will be my next attempt at trouble shooting after this next reboot.

I’m assuming I’ll be able to end task from task manager if I don’t install it as a service this next time. BUT IDK I’m grasping at straws. I’m also thinking about purging my downloads folder because I think it’s having a problem handling a file in there that might be too long for sonarr to rename and move?

We need more information to understand the issue more:

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
((Debug logs)):
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)

If Sonarr is crashing (which it sounds like it is) we’ll need ((trace logs)) as well.

A service is a windows service, which runs when the computer boots (no user needs to be logged in), but can’t access mapped network drives/shares (depending on the user running it). Not running a service will either be via a hidden app with only a tray icon or a console window.

OK I found my logs here’s a link to the google docs folder. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3KbPtCY84_pTGU2OG1iZkVPZTA?usp=sharing

AND I guess my next question would be “Is the easiest/fastest way to trouble shoot this to delete all my database files?” and start fresh?

Is Sonarr crashing?
The only ((trace log)) is from last year, you’ll need to edit config.xml and set the LogLevel to Trace to get trace logs if you’re unable to access the UI.

I see your logs are full of:

17-8-4 04:46:34.8|Warn|UpdateEpisodeFileService|Unable to set date of file [L:\Plex\Cartoons\Adventure Time\Adventure Time - 4x18 - King Worm.mkv]

[v2.0.0.4913] System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'L:\Plex\Cartoons\Adventure Time\Adventure Time - 4x18 - King Worm.mkv' is denied.

You’l need to fix the permissions or disable setting the date on the file to get rid of the error.

It crashes before I can get to UI. But I’ll try to get some trace logs that are fresh? Should I delete all the logs I have now so I get fresh new ones less to sift through?? And deleting DB?? Which files should I target to start fresh? TY for your time.

Deleting the logs is fine, but you’ll need to enable trace logging, or nothing new will be logged.

You can take a ((backup)) of the DB and config file and then delete them.

• nzbdrone.db (main DB, also delete it’s related files)
  • log.db (logging only)
  • config.xml (config file)

I delete the logs and backup/deleted the db reinstalled ran it then brought the DB back and everything is working fine. IDK what fixed it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.