Sonarr is not restarting after upgrade

Version
Mono Version
AppData directory
/home/sonarr/.config/NzbDrone
Startup directory
/opt/NzbDrone

Everything is working perfect, except that when Sonarr installs an upgrade, it can’t seem to get the service back up and running. I’m thinking there is a permissions problem somewhere, but I don’t know how to go about fixing it.

My username: nighthawk

Sonarr service runs under sonarr username
** For some reason I have to start the service when in root though. I don’t know how to change that.

Sonarr is installed on /opt with permissions of 755 with ownership of sonarr:xbmc

Any ideas where I should start looking?

EDIT:
It seems the issue is PolKit, but I have no clue how to add a PolKit rule that will allow sonarr.service to start without authentication.

If the service wrapped can restart Sonarr when it detects it has been shutdown that should take care of the restarting automatically, the updater will stop Sonarr and wait for a few seconds, if it’s already been restarted it doesn’t try to start it again, if it hasn’t been restarted the updater will update it.

Not sure what you mean by “wrapped”.

I have a crontab script that I run every 15 minutes to see if the service is running and if not it is suppose to start the service. But for whatever reason, after an update it won’t restart. It just kills the sonarr.service and then fails to start again.

I can post some logs or something if you tell me what you need. Next time it crashes that is.

Are you using upstart, systemd, init.d or something else to start Sonarr?

It’s a Systemd service that is staring on boot. I don’t know what the Auto-Update script is trying to use within Sonarr.

You likely have the systemd unit configured incorrectly.
Check out this url: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/Autostart-on-Linux#systemd2
Takes special note of the KillMode & Restart, those must be configured correctly.

I did not have KillMode or Restart in my .service file.

I’ve added them. Hopefully that fixes the issue. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.