Sonarr is not post-processing torrent downloads(transmission) but is post-processing nzb(nzbget)

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5338
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34
uname: 4.19.0-8-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.98-1 (2020-01-26) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Debug logs: debug
Description of issue: sonarr is not post-processing my downloads. So far, I think it’s been all torrent downloads, and haven’t had a chance to see if it’s working with nzb’s or not.

Looks like Sonarr can’t reach the path. Does the user running Sonarr have access to that path?

Are Sonarr and your download clients all on the same machine?
Are they in docker containers?

Sonarr and my DL clients are all on the same machine. Everything is run as docker containers. I was under the impression docker containers ran as root, and so, I’m assuming the user has permission. What specifically should I look for?

Also, I checked and my nzb’s are not processing either, so I’m sure it’s just whatever this problem is.

Is /data in all containers mapped to the same path on the host?

Docker containers typically assume the rights from the UID/GID.

This is a great place to start making sure things are configured optimally:
https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/docker

Hey markus, thank you again for the reply. I think I’d be answering your question correctly if I answered no. Each application’s /data mount point is its own directory within my ~/docker directory. Here is my docker compose

While I await your reply, I’ll have a look at what you’ve linked as well.

You have set up everything as a separate mount. Not only downloads and tv, but even your complete and incomplete downloads.
So it will be a slow-ass copy+delete from incomplete to complete, temp is a separate mount as well… (nzbget).
Then once it’s done, again a copy+delete from downloads to tv. Only because you have used /complete in nzbget and /downloads in sonarr, sonarr can’t find anything.

Summary: the only correct mounts are /config in each container. All the others: refer the article Marcus linked :slight_smile:

TL;DR of the article: single /data mount and use subdirectories of that mount in your applications.

Thank you. I will scrub that article very thoroughly. I guess I went crazy with compartmentalization. This’ll blow your mind too - “nastemp” and “nasmedia” are separate physical drives. ok, let me make many changes and report back. thank you for the help! Also, thank you specifically for the tl;dr of the article. I’m definitely not TL but you’ve demonstrated willingness to help even those who are - admirable.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.