Sonarr is failing to copy entire files but thinks it succeeded SMB to SMB on Ubuntu (cont)

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5054
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.4.1.6
((Debug logs)): See below
Description of issue:

EDIT: Second Post has a crash stack during the copy.

Original post: Sonarr is failing to copy entire files but thinks it succeeded
I moved away from two shares into one share and never got back to you on the trace log. But now I’m back to two shares and it consistently happens.

I’ve discovered what causes it by manually importing 26 files from one CIFS/SMB share to another and watching the trace log when file doesn’t match the size of the original.

It’s caused by CheckForFinishedDownload firing off during the copy. I’m looking through the trace now but nothing stands out and there are no crash stacks. It may be as simple as preventing Tasks firing off during a copy after done/manual import. Here’s the relevant sanitized parts:

removed

I reproduced it again, but this time it happened for two episodes and had a crash stack in between the transfer event:

removed

There are several threads that have covered this, it always comes back to mono and it will also happen when imported via Completed Download Handling.

That stack trace is benign, it’s just the library Sonarr uses to send updates to the client being unable to send a message to the client (it happens when a browser tab closes or disconnects from the server).

NFS is recommended over CIFS when Sonarr is running under mono.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Sent a donation your way. Enjoy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.