Sonarr, Home Computer, Seedbox Issues

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4855
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
((Debug logs)):
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxEHaEoDywSAdnVUTFU5ejBKUDQ/view?usp=sharing
Description of issue:
I’ve been struggling for several weeks trying to get Sonarr to work properly.
What I’ve tried to set up so far is to have Sonarr running on my personal computer, it searches for a show via RSS and then accesses ruTorrent and loads the torrent file and tags it with tv-sonarr in rutorrent. The ruTorrent processes it and hard links it to a folder /sync/tv-sonarr without issue. BtSync then mirrors that folder to my local hardrive H:\From Seedbox\tv-sonarr without issue. Now the problem, it will not pick up the files that have been transferred to the local folder. They just site there and in Sonarr is says episode is downloading and at 100% and listed as purple.

I have mapped to the /sync/tv-sonarr with sshfs and it has the path Z:\sync\tv-sonarr. I can access this via windows explorer.
Local path that BtSync is mirroring to is: H:\From Seedbox\tv-sonarr and all files have successfully mirrored here and the ones that are still showing under “Wanted” in sonarr are here.
I have enabled remote path mapping in sonarr and host is listed as: {xxxx}.ultraseedbox.com and is the exact same host as in my client that i can connect to and loads the torrent files properly.
Remote path is: Z:\sync\tv-sonarr
Local Path is: H:\From Seedbox\tv-sonarr

I’m struggling to get this process automated. I’d like to have Sonarr download the torrents and then have them moved or synced to my local PC and then have Sonarr move them to the correct folder and delete the synced file and have this done automatically. Any help on why Sonarr is not processing the files would be appreciated and if there is a better way to streams line this process I’m open to it.

I was just able to manually import some files but it will not automatically do it.

The remote path needs to be the path rTorrent reports, which would not likely be a Windows path.

I see several errors in your logs about Sonarr not being able to connect to rTorrent for various reasons, if you aren’t see the items you expect Sonarr to import on Sonarr’s Activity: Queue then ensuring Sonarr can communicate with rTorrent reliably is step one.

Forgive me as I’m not very seasoned at this. When you say it is the path that rTorrent reports to do you mean the file path that it is located on the SB or where it places the files or something totally different? Can you give me an example of what the Remote Path Mapping would look like if Sonarr is on a personal computer and working to send files to a SB and then having it download with rsync and then want to pick the files back up again and process them?
I will investigate the connection issues to rTorrent.

The path on the seedbox.

Host: Hostname of the seedbox
Remote Path: /path/to/completed torrents/on seedbox
Local Path: H:\From Seedbox\tv-sonarr

Markus, thank you for the assistance. Do you think that the issues connecting to rTorrent are because of the Remote Path Mapping not being setup correctly? I assume the error you see in the logs was “17-7-18 12:30:04.8|Warn|DownloadMonitoringService|Unable to retrieve queue and history items from Rtorrent Seedbox”

No, they are unrelated, application of the remote path mappings occurs later.

I am still unable to get this remote path mapping working. Any ideas?

Host: xxxx.ultraseedbox.com
Remote Path: /home9/xxxxx/sync/tv-sonarr
Local:H:\From Seedbox\tv-sonarr

Does the host need http://? Does the remote path need the host information in with it? How is it able to login and check that remote path without the username and password?

No and no. It doesn’t log in and check anything, it never connects to the remote storage it only checks the local storage which means the files need to be downloaded from the seedbox by something else or via sshfs/web drive. If BTSnc is syncing files then it should work.

What does Activity: Queue show? (hover over the icon on the left for any warnings/errors)
Is Completed Download Handling enabled?

See the screen shots at the links. The error I see in the debug logs says: “Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: H:\From Seedbox\tv-sonarr\Ozark.S01E09.720p.WEBRip.x264-STRiFE” and that path definitely exists and I can see the files at that path. Is it a permissions issue? I am the admin on this computer, does Sonarr not have the correct permissions?
I have full control over this disk and folder. All permissions under folder properties are selected as allow.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zv9aezlgn73u2nk/Screenshot%202017-07-23%2009.27.48.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwgvpjlu2b2up8q/Screenshot%202017-07-23%2009.27.25.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8vtkag4ku0bml9/Screenshot%202017-07-23%2009.35.37.png?dl=0

The screenshot of the queue shows the non-Windows path, but the logs show the windows path (but that was a few days ago).

Is the remote path mappings incorrect right now?
Is H:\ a local disk on the computer running Sonarr?

Yes, H:\ is the local disk that holds the files after they have been copied to the local computer from the seedbox via Btsync.
The path that Sonarr is looking at in the Queue is where the files are downloaded to. They are then unpacked and/or hardlinked over to a different folder. That folder is the one that is sync’ed so that sonarr can then pick the files up on my personal computer and moved them and then with two way sync’ing it will delete those extra files that I do not need on my seedbox. Is this not setup correctly for that?

I changed something around on remote path mapping and now I see this error under activity. The files are indeed in the local H: folder. Why will it not import them?
Debug Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kaor7jyk1zzzb4/Sonarr%207-24-17.txt?dl=0

Edit: I can manually import it from that exact folder without any issue at all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6askivkkd9zsw8l/Screenshot%202017-07-24%2011.18.24.png?dl=0

That’s not the debug log, just the info log.

H:\From Seedbox\tv-sonarr\Ballers.S03E01.1080p.WEB.h264-TBS is there a folder with this name? or are all the files dumped into the H:\From Seedbox\tv-sonarr\ folder without their subfolders?

All files are being dumped into: H:\From Seedbox\tv-sonarr\

Then that’s the issue, Sonarr expects (requires) the folder structure to be maintained otherwise it won’t be able to find them.

Ok. So if I stop my seedbox from post processing and just copy over the entire folder and files structure how and I supposed to unrar files that need to be unpacked?

You’d need to have the unrar process output to a subfolder in that case.

Thanks Markus. I did finally get this to work when I created a folder with the name of the file inside of H:\From Seedbox\tv-sonarr
Thank you for the assistance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.