Sonarr hangs in browser and won't load up

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4753
((Debug logs)):
Description of issue: OK, so about 2 days ago, possibly after an update? I can no longer get Sonarr to load in my browser. The service seems to be running fine, downloads are being processed OK. Have tried several browsers. When I open the browser and navigate to http://localhost:8989/ It brings up the Sonarr background image in the browser and the wee loading gif (moving dots) starts at the top of the screen. But then it hangs and nothing else happens.

Sorry, I’m a bit of a noob at this so I’m not sure how to get any helpful logs or anything for you. It’s all been working perfectly up to now.

Any help welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Can you try another browser or the same browser with extensions disabled?

For ((debug logs)) (which will be useful if it’s failing in another browser as well) will need to be enabled by editing config.xml in the ((AppData Directory)) and setting the LogLevel to Debug.

Thanks Markus,

I tried 3 browsers, disabled extensions, ran Edge in safe mode. Still no joy. Hangs on the loading screen. Yet is working fine in the background. Downloads still processed. Just can’t get the UI to load.

Debug: https://www.dropbox.com/s/egzvcl607u922z4/TW.sonarr.debug.txt?dl=0

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

Did you try to load the UI at some point in the timeframe that the log covers?
If not, please post logs while trying to load, we may need to set the log level to Trace to get the details we need.

Hi Tim,

Unbelievably i’ve had the same issue only a few days ago which with the help of the great support of the guys here (Markus101) i was finally able to figure out what to do.

It was suggested to restore the Sonarr backup database and after following the instructions here ;

i still had no joy… No matter how many times i deleted old config files etc it still seemed to remember past settings and after a clean install it still just got as far as the dash screen.

Instead i figure a way round by creating a brand new folder to put the App Data in and just did a clean install into that new empty folder and it worked! Simple as that!

Its strange that there seems to be a few people having this issue and i too ran into trouble after updating it, so im not sure if maybe theres a bug in the new update or something? Either way, follow my rules and you’ll be back online in no time

Cheers

Hi timmy

Interesting.

Would you mind just fleshing out the steps you took? Sorry I’m a real noob at this.

Did you back something up first? Then uninstall Sonarr? Then on installing just specify a different folder to install to?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Yeah no worries… To be honest I can’t believe I’m helping someone out as I too am a complete noob at this!

First of all, my machine is an Unraid machine so the set up might be slightly different from yours… I tried to do the suggested restoring from a back up but it didn’t seem to do anything and still hovered at the start up page.

Instead, I went into effectively what windows would call the File Explorer, searched for where the apps install (program files for you maybe??) Create a new folder there then install a new version into that folder… Like I say, it worked for me but I use Unraid so it might be different for you, but basically you’re just trying to create a brand new install. It means you have to search for all your tv series again but at least it will work…

Just a quick tip, take photos of your config set up before you uninstall it so you know how to set it up again… I didn’t and it took me ages remembering how it was set up!

Hope that helps

Thanks

Hi Timmy,

Thanks so much.

So I tried just doing a straight reinstall first off to see if that would work and it actually did!! And previous config still present.

Really appreciate your time and advice.

Tim

1 Like

No worries mate,

Glad all is working!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.