Sonarr failing to import episode

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.9.1549
Debug logs: https://hastebin.com/share/lugavaqaxe.vbnet
Description of issue: Whenever I try do download an episode of “The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady”, it appears to download but then I get an import error(only happens with certain episodes and shows, not all shows). I’ve checked the log but not sure what to make of it/how to fix it. Perhaps the file path is too long? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sample error log:
2023-02-19 21:25:48.0|Warn|ImportApprovedEpisodes|Couldn’t import episode C:\Users(removed)\Downloads[Judas] Tensei Oujo to Tensai Reijou no Mahou Kakumei - S01E02.mkv

[v3.0.9.1549] System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path ‘E:\The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady\Season 1\The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady - S01E02 - [002] - Acquisition of an Assistant for Both Profit and Pleasure [HDTV-1080p][10bit][x265][AAC 2.0][JA]-Judas.mkv’.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)

That’s 293 characters, Windows’ MAX_PATH is 260 characters. Try disabling it (google it).

1 Like

I had already disabled it and rebooted before posting… no dice. Ironically, I then checked my Windows version and realized it was pro. Apparently, you need to disable it with the local group policy editor as well. I did that, and then rebooted again. Still no dice. I was about to give up. I then just restarted Sonarr (2 reboots restarted it twice, and then restarted it again) and it “magically” worked. Gotta love technology. Turn it off and on. lol.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.