Sonarr failing to automatically download NZBs


#1

Sonarr version 2.0.0.5252:
Mono version 3.10.0:
OS: FreeNAS 9.10.2-U6
Debug logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zt2ak90o8vojbv/sonarr.txt?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsp59rl2ze6syt4/sonarr.debug.txt?dl=0
Description of issue:
Sonarr appears to be finding NZBs to download, but is failing to pass these to Sabnzbd to download.
I am seeing the following type of error in my log file: -

Couldn’t add report to download queue. Death.And.Nightingales.S01E02.720p.HDTV.x264-KETTLE-Obfuscated: Syntax Error after ‘<!’ characters. http://www.newzbin.com/DTD/nzb/nzb-1.1.dtd Line 3, position 4.

I am puzzled why there is a reference to www.newzbin.com in the error above as I don’t recognise it as one of the NZB indexers I use. I only;y use NZB.su, NZBFinder.com and NZBHydra.com

Here is the detail of the exception: -

System.Xml.XmlException: Syntax Error after ‘<!’ characters. http://www.newzbin.com/DTD/nzb/nzb-1.1.dtd Line 3, position 4.
at System.Xml.DTDReader.CompileDeclaration () [0x00000] in :0
at System.Xml.DTDReader.ProcessDTDSubset () [0x00000] in :0
at System.Xml.DTDReader.GenerateDTDObjectModel () [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.GenerateDTDObjectModel (System.String name, System.String publicId, System.String systemId, System.String internalSubset, Int32 intSubsetStartLine, Int32 intSubsetStartColumn) [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadDoctypeDecl () [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadDeclaration () [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in :0
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Xml.XmlFilterReader.Read () [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Xml.XmlFilterReader.Read () [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Xml.XmlFilterReader.Read () [0x00000] in :0
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.ReadContent (System.Xml.XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.LoadCore (System.Xml.XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load (System.Xml.XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.NzbValidationService.Validate (System.String filename, System.Byte[] fileContent) [0x00000] in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.UsenetClientBase1[NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdSettings].Download (NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at NzbDrone.Core.Download.DownloadService.DownloadReport (NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at NzbDrone.Core.Download.ProcessDownloadDecisions.ProcessDecisions (System.Collections.Generic.List1 decisions) [0x00000] in :0


#2

Your mono version is too old. 3.10 is ancient.

Word of caution: 5.16 has some issues in it as well, so don’t update all the way to that version. I’m using 5.14 for example.


#3

Ok. Thanks for that.
I had installed the Sonarr plugin on FreeNAS 9.10.2-U6 and while Sonarr itself had been updating automatically, it appears that Mono had stood still.
I have tried updating mono using the pkg installer and it has installed Mono 5.10.1.57. Trouble is Sonarr is not reflecting the upgrade on it’s status page. I presume the plugin had installed the older version of mono in a different location in the jail.
I will have to raise a question on the FreeNAS forum to see it I can get this resolved.

Many thanks for your input.