Sonarr extremely slow when using Noip hostname

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5344
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue: I’ve been a longtime sonarr user running on a dedicated media server. It’s run smoothly for a long time. Recently my ISP got fiber in the area and upgraded my router. I had to re-forward all my ports for remote access to the various programs (sonarr, radarr, sabnzbd, my security software etc). This worked without an issue; however, now when I access sonarr outside my network using my noip hostname, sonarr either times out or take forever to load (like 2-3 minutes). When if finally loads, if I click anything to go to another page, it again takes a long time. None of my other programs are having this same issue. If, however, I enter the IP address:port from outside, it works as it always has. I have verified that the correct port is entered and it shows open. I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled the noip DUC service on the server. I just don’t know what else I can try since it is specific to sonarr, but also only when using noip.

1 Like

Unless the difference is going through a reverse proxy or some different routing it shouldn’t make a difference. I can’t think of a reason why this would happen.

Thanks Markus, you are always helpful. No reverse proxy…it’s pretty straight forward. I have Sabnzbd, Radarr, Sonarr, Lidarr, and my security software installed on my media server. New router, with ports forwarded, and noip DUC installed on the server. All other software works as it always has, but Sonarr is either extremely slow or times out when loading. Would a reinstall of sonarr potentially help? What’s the process of doing that without losing everything? Any other suggestions?

It wouldn’t hurt to try, but I don’t see why it’d help.

Backup and restore

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.