Sonarr extremely slow (unusable) since few days on Synology DS 415+

Hello Everyone,

Since few days, Sonarr is extremely slow/not loading without reason.
It was working well for months and I don’t know what to do.
Most of times the URL just wont load (waiting for response). I restarted the NAS, Sonarr process, tried to access it from a different computer, via LAN, via WAN… Always the same: I’m not able to load the page or the loading takes like 3 to 4 min per page.

I dod not manage to load the LOG page so I don’t even know the problem.
On the synology the CPU usage is normal (around 5%) and memory is also good.

I use Sonarr via Mono.

Every other hosted services are working correctly: Couchpotato, Plex, headphones…

If someone could help me… I’m desperated.

Edit: After restarting the service few times it seems to be working again normally.
I have made a backup of my config if anything happens.

I will update this post if the problem happens again.

ISP: free.fr

Thanks

When you say memory is good, what is the usage? In the resource monitor also check :

• The I/O wait under CPU.
  • If there is swap file activity in the resource monitor under memory.

Sonarr does a lot of stuff in memory, and if memory is cached on the disk and the disk is to busy, webstation (all websites) and sonarr will be among the first too suffer.
A clear indicator is, if you keep the Sonarr webinterface open, and watch the RSS popup. If it’s really slow in processing the RSS results, you have an issue with performance.

So it happened again…
I a unable to load any Sonarr page when all other hosted services works.
CPU is around 4%, RAM is around 50% used, I/O are around 6%.
The service cannot be reach either with my personal URL (NAS.XXX.XXX:8989) or the local IP 192.168.1.250:8989. (of course all ports are forwarded correctly)

As explained, all other webservices are working perfectly, and the NAS is way powerful enough (quad core) and was working perfectly for almost a year without touching at all the config.

When I stop Sonarr process it free up around 7% of memory.
Here is the log when the last “crash” occured, at 8:36 I restarted the service. http://pastebin.com/Fjm4uw4B

Version
Mono Version
4.2.1 (Stable 4.2.1.102/6dd2d0d Mon Nov 30 14:47:31 CET 2015)
AppData directory
/usr/local/nzbdrone/var/.config/NzbDrone
Startup directory
/volume1/@appstore/nzbdrone/share/NzbDrone

I have changed the log’s settings to Debug to see if anything appears…

Do you have any idea on what to do?

Thank you very much…

That doesn’t sound like it’s trashing the harddisk, as the the I/O wait would be much higher.

The current log doesn’t show anything special, you probably want to set the level to debug or trace for more details.

In other cases on the forum I’ve seen the devs ask first to clear the browser cache, and then for browser logs, by turning on developer mode. That can indicate for example which web element is not being loaded correctly.

I will wait until the next crash, and post debug logs.
In the meantime I will clear my cache.
Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.