Sonarr downloading seasons with partially missing episodes

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5085
Mono version:(if Sonarr is not running on Windows)
*OSUnraid: 6.3.4:
Debug logs:
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue:Sonarr won’t download the season pack. As an example I have S01e01 of 13 reasons why 720p webrip. But i’m missing the rest of the show. It refuses to download becuase the one episode I have is the same quality that would be downloaded.

This is expected, Sonarr will only grab a season pack if all episodes are needed, in this case the first episode is already there at the same quality, so Sonarr rejects it.

You’d either need to remove episode one or manually grab the release and set the category in your download client.

So theirs no way to have it upgrade a season? Seems kinda wrong that one episode would stop the others from downloading. Any automatic way around this vs me doing each show pre season. I’m moving over from sickrage. And recovering from some failed drives over the summer so a lot of shows I’m missing 1-2 episodes. I’ll have to re download the whole season to get them back.

Upgrade yes, but the same quality is not an upgrade to Sonarr.

I think the best you could do is tell Sonarr they are a different quality by modifying the files at the series level and setting a lower quality than they really are, then doing a search, as long as the cutoff isn’t met Sonarr will grab season packs.

I guess my main problem is because of sickrage I never setup the upgrade or anything correct. So it would download mostly 720 but also sdtv every now and then. When I get sonarr setup right I won’t have that problem. But for now I have whole seasons that are split. I will go through and reset the quality’s of the ones I want to upgrade to unknown.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.