Sonarr + Download Station + VPN

Hello
I’m using Sonarr 2.0.0.5228 on a Synology with Download station with a VPN configured directly on Synology. So I have 2 connections on the NAS: LAN1 and VPN
When both connections are up, everything works fine except that I can not access my NAS from outside my home.
The solution is to enable the “Enable Multiple Gateways” feature on the NAS.
With this option enabled I can access my NAS from outside but Sonarr can not connect to Download station anymore. Here are the logs:

NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientUnavailableException: Unable to connect to Diskstation, please check your settings ---> System.Net.WebException: The request timed out: 'http://192.168.0.9:5000/webapi/DownloadStation/task.cgi?_sid=FR4GpAy5ykM1Q1490MIN145605&api=(removed)&version=1&method=list&additional=detail%2Ctransfer' ---> System.Net.WebException: The request timed out
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0x40586ce0 + 0x0018f> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () <0x405823b0 + 0x00053> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x000f6] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:63 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x0019e] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:91 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x000b5] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:53 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookieContainer) [0x0007e] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:121 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00008] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:57 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadStation.Proxies.DiskStationProxyBase.ProcessRequest[T] (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, System.String operation, DiskStationApi api, NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadStation.DownloadStationSettings settings) [0x00007] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\DownloadStation\Proxies\DiskStationProxyBase.cs:79 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadStation.Proxies.DiskStationProxyBase.ProcessRequest[T] (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, System.String operation, DiskStationApi api, NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadStation.DownloadStationSettings settings) [0x00024] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\DownloadStation\Proxies\DiskStationProxyBase.cs:87 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadStation.Proxies.DiskStationProxyBase.ProcessRequest[T] (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, System.String operation, NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadStation.DownloadStationSettings settings) [0x00000] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\DownloadStation\Proxies\DiskStationProxyBase.cs:66 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadStation.Proxies.DownloadStationTaskProxy.GetTasks (NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadStation.DownloadStationSettings settings) [0x0000f] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\DownloadStation\Proxies\DownloadStationTaskProxy.cs:57 : Unable to connect to Diskstation, please check your settings
Exception
NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientUnavailableException: Unable to connect to Diskstation, please check your settings ---> System.Net.WebException: The request timed out: 'http://192.168.0.9:5000/webapi/DownloadStation/task.cgi?_sid=FR4GpAy5ykM1Q1490MIN145605&api=SYNO.DownloadStation.Task&version=1&method=list&additional=detail%2Ctransfer' ---> System.Net.WebException: The request timed out
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0x40586ce0 + 0x0018f> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () <0x405823b0 + 0x00053> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x000f6] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:63 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x0019e] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:91 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x000b5] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:53 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookieContainer) [0x0007e] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:121 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00008] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:57 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadStation.Proxies.DiskStationProxyBase.ProcessRequest[T] (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, System.String operation, DiskStationApi api, NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadStation.DownloadStationSettings settings) [0x00007] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\DownloadStation\Proxies\DiskStationProxyBase.cs:79 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadStation.Proxies.DiskStationProxyBase.ProcessRequest[T] (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, System.String operation, DiskStationApi api, NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadStation.DownloadStationSettings settings) [0x00024] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\DownloadStation\Proxies\DiskStationProxyBase.cs:87 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadStation.Proxies.DiskStationProxyBase.ProcessRequest[T] (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, System.String operation, NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadStation.DownloadStationSettings settings) [0x00000] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\DownloadStation\Proxies\DiskStationProxyBase.cs:66 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadStation.Proxies.DownloadStationTaskProxy.GetTasks (NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadStation.DownloadStationSettings settings) [0x0000f] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\DownloadStation\Proxies\DownloadStationTaskProxy.cs:57 

Would you have a solution to propose to me because if this problem is corrected I would be in a perfect configuration

Thx for your Help
Thierry

Please include the debug logs that will show additional information.

You could try a different Host for the download client in Sonarr, maybe 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost or the hostname of the system, not sure what might work, otherwise I’m not sure what you can do.

Thx for your help.
Here the debug log for the same configuration that when i create the first poste.
Log debug : https://drive.google.com/file/d/15e2rpqwFvpUg-1WqDiBmvKyVeUqmfY7r/view?usp=sharing

Now with 127.0.0.1 or localhost.
Log debug : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1erCFDZcXfGCrwiVf-vu3LJswGM_LNfNE/view?usp=sharing
I have directly error when i clic on test bouton:

Everything shows the request timing out, which means it’s either not getting to the destination or the response isn’t coming back.

Running Sonarr in docker might work better with the VPN, but I’m not sure it will.

Ok, Sonarr run in docker.
I succeeded, I put the WAN IP (no ip VPN) and active SSD.
it is slow but it works

Thx for your help

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.