Sonarr does not remove torrent from transmission list after it finishes the import

Sonarr does not remove torrent from transmission list after it finishes the import

I would like to report a bug considering Transmission on a synology NAS with Sonarr also running on the same machine.
When the download of a file finishes the download will not be removed from the download list inside transmission.
Does the API have no ability to do this afther the import of the episode file?

The documentation is available:
https://trac.transmissionbt.com/browser/trunk/extras/rpc-spec.txt

392 3.5. Removing a Torrent
394 Method name: "torrent-remove"
396 Request arguments:
398 string | value type & description
399 ---------------------------±------------------------------------------------
400 “ids” | array torrent list, as described in 3.1
401 “delete-local-data” | boolean delete local data. (default: false)
403 Response arguments: none

~ReTechNL

This did not belong in a PM, please open a thread next time.

This is not a bug, this is expected behavior.

Sonarr will not remove a seeding torrent, it will remove it once its paused or stopped (paused in Transmission) if Remove Completed Downloads is enabled.

Where can this setting be found?

Download client settings, advanced settings may need to be shown.

Is it the setting: “Remove Imported downloads from download client history”

Yes, thats the description of the option.

Sonarr recently stopped cleaning up paused torrents for me. It worked until installing 2.0.0.3243, which doesn’t seem to have anything related.

Upgrade to the latest version of Sonarr.

If you’re still having issues we need to see debug logs (hastebin them) also make sure the category matches between Sonarr and transmission (which is part of the path).

Still happens on latest. Not using categories. These are the only seemingly related log lines from a few minutes before/after I paused a torrent in Transmission: http://hastebin.com/isizuweleq.cs

Just to clarify, the episodes are being added and imported just fine. The only issue is that completed/paused downloads aren’t being removed from Transmission after they’re done.

Has the seeding ratio been reached? Offhand I’m not sure if that needs to be met for it to auto remove, but is still helpful to know.

Remove Completed Downloads is enabled in Download Client settings?

Yup, the setting is enabled. It used to clean up both torrents that reach the seed limit and are Finished, and torrents that were seeding but then manually paused. Now neither is working. I can’t think of anything else that has changed in the meantime other than the Sonarr updates.

Lets take a look at some trace logs (hastebin a few minutes of log files please).

Also what category you set for Transmission for Sonarr to use.

I also have this problem. How can I help solve this issue? Which logs shall I upload? Looking at my transmission config folder, there doesn’t seem to be any log files

Trace logs.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.