Sonarr didn't do so well with Season 3 of "The Bridge and S1 of Gomorrah

Windows 10
In both cases, the series are foreign. In the case of “The Bridge”, it downloaded the show with Dutch or Swedish proper subs, and in the case of Gomorrah, it downloaded a really low res version with hebrew subs burned in (hard subs)

Is there anything I can do to avoid that behavior? They each had high-res english subtitled versions available for download. Manually getting each episode was tedious.

Examples of what it auto downloaded, what I manually downloaded, and showing that there were lots of files available for automatic.

Sonarr version latest:

So, I solved one problem manually: For Gamorrah, I created a tag in Indexers restrictions “must not contain” “hebsub” and labeled it “-hebsub”. Then I added it in “restrictions” for the series.

But I’d still like to know if there is a setting somewhere to help insure against getting foreign language series without English subtitles.

Unless there is something in the filename to indicate it has English subtitles, the only option would be to exclude non-English subbed released, which should happen for a number of languages, but there are only 23 languages known to Sonarr so some will be missed. Detecting the subtitle language as the actual language is a bit awkward since it may or may not be hardcoded and might still have English subs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.