Sonarr + Deluge copies instead of hardlink, hardlink option is enabled

Sonarr Ver. 2.0.0.4230:
Mono version 4.2.2.3/-7:
Xpenlogy 5.2:
((Debug logs)) (posted to hastebin or similar):

I have sonnar running on my xpenology box with 5.2 DSM.

Deluge is set as the download client. As im trying to seed as much as possible, at least 5 days, I have the hardlink option enabled. Deluge downloads to /Download than moves to /Download/Completed. I have drone factory turned off. Complete download handling is enabled. And the problem is, that i have 2 copies of the same file. Sonarr copies the file to my media folder and keeps the one in /Download/Completed. (i have renaming turned off)

I have set all the permissions for sonarr and deluge to read and write.

What do I have to set in Deluge settings regarding seed time/ratio etc…

Is it connected or what? Why does it copies insted of hardlinks.

Thanks for the help

What does ls -al say? coz how can you be sure it’s not actually hardlinking?

this is the log (from this morning) it didnt snatch anything, had to manually search and snatch.

log

How can I see if its hardlinked and not copied? I deleted one file in the media folder and the one in /Completed was still there…

Then you don’t understand what a hardlink really is. Coz that’s the whole point of hardlinks, being able to delete either link without affecting the other one.

1 Like

I believe Sonarr only hardlinks files that it automatically imports? What about manually importing and hardlinking?

I do now. Thx! Its kinda hard to grasp at first :slight_smile: So I can freely delete the one from /completed folder and Deluge will keep on seeding? ie. seeding from the link in the media folder?

No. If you delete it Deluge won’t know where to find it. Leave it in both places its only using the disk space once.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.