Sonarr crashing since server rebuild (Windows Server 2012 R2, 64bit)

This is the error I see in the event viewer.

Faulting application name: nzbdrone.console.exe, version: 2.0.0.3594, time stamp: 0x56576739
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.0.30319.34209, time stamp: 0x5348961e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001a31f6
Faulting process id: 0x19ec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d129bc97a335aa
Faulting application path: C:\ProgramData\NzbDrone\bin\nzbdrone.console.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: b5319b44-962d-11e5-80c7-d05099c044bf
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I am running Windows Server 2012 R2. Only just recently rebuilt.
This is also a clean install of Sonarr.
Based on the log, it seems to be an issue with .Net, but it seems .Net v4 is built into the OS.
I have run Windows Update and install the latest updates available and there are no new ones for .Net.
Anyone got any ideas/suggestions?

Are there any errors in Sonarr’s log around the same time? If you enable trace logging you may be able to see what Sonarr is doing when it crashes and narrow down the cause.

Definitely looks like something in .net failing, haven’t seen this before though. Is .net 4.0 an 4.5 installed? is 4.6 installed as well?

What version of .Net do you recommend having installed? I haven’t manually installed anything. Just what’s built into server 2012.

Also, how much data does a trace log produce and how long should I have it on for? As I’m not sure what triggers the crash, I can’t turn trace on, get the crash, then turn it off easily.

.net 4.5 offhandb, I forget which version ships with 2012 R2

Maximum is 51MB (rolling log files), so you can leave it on forever and never use more than that.

Thanks for the quick replies. After doing some more digging, I think something got corrupted in my OS due to a faulty drive and the machine crashing before I replaced the disk.
I’ve tried to get updates to work properly in Windows and I have a feeling .Net possibly was affected by it.
So, I’m going to wipe and start again in the near future.
Thanks again for the quick reply, but I think this can be closed for now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.