Sonarr Connect, Chrome extension

THANK YOU!

This is a very nice extension to have! Works like a charm on Linux!

Hi, thanks for building the extension. Unfortunately I’m having an issue I can’t seem to solve.

I’ve got it pointed to the right URL and have the API key, when I test the connection on the configuration page I get: “Connection successful!”

Problem is when I click on the icon the box drops down as it should, with the menu bar on top (Calander, Series, History) and on the bottom (Sonarr, Options, Refresh) but I only get a rotating status icon in a black field in between. Nothing happen when I click on Calander, Series or History. Clicking on Sonar takes me to my Sonarr page, and clicking on Options brings up the options page, clicking on Refresh does nothing visiable.

I have the extension installed on OS X Google Chrome Version 46.0.2490.86 (64-bit), on a MacBook running OS X Version 10.11.1 (15B42).

Sonarr is running on an old Toshiba laptop running Ubuntu 15.10 that is on my local network, I am only tryin gto connect through the local network.

Sonarr Version 2.0.0.3530, Mono Version 3.10.0 (tarball Wed Nov 5 12:50:04 UTC 2014)

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance for any replies…

Hi @Pooka,

Thanks for installing our extension, we are glad to hear it works good on your Toshiba laptop.

Just a few follow up questions,

• If you test the connection and see “Connection successful!” does the version number shown below connection successful match your versions of Sonarr?
  • After you saw this message have you saved the settings?

Thanks in advance for your response.

@tomreinartz thanks for the reply. I do not get a version number when I test the connection, and I have clicked on SAVE on the Options page.

What are your thoughts as to what the issues is?

Thanks for the reply,

Based on your information i think the API key is not correct.
Could you make sure the api key and the url to sonarr is available?

you can also test this by using chrome and going to:
http://{url}/api/system/status?apiKey={apikiy}
example
http://192.168.252.187:8989/api/system/status?apiKey=212444875896514603891816219d4ksakjjus

This page should give a list of information about sonarr.

If this page does not show any information i think that the service is blocked by your router or firewall.

Hope this helps you out a bit.
Please let us know if this helped to resolve your issue.

Thanks

Hiya.

Just wondered when the update will be released please ??

Thanks.

Hi there,

We forgot to release the latest version, it has just been uploaded to the chrome store so it should be available later today.

Please let us know if this resolves your issues.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Tom.

I’ll report back if there are any issues.

All seems to be working @tomreinartz.

Thanks.

Just wanted to say thanks for this extension, very slick!

Couple pieces of feedback, one you already have a note on I think, which is it isn’t very clear what is active/inactive for the bookmark icon next to episodes. The other would be, it would be awesome if there is some way to kick off a manual/automatic search.

I had to do a clean wipe of the computer that runs Sonarr and sabnzbd+. Sonarr is back up but sonarrconnect won’t work. I’ve reset the API key and when I click to test the connection, it says it is successful. However, when I use the http://{url}/api/system/status?apiKey={apikiy} address in Chrome, this is the output page:

{
  "error": "Unauthorized"
}

update with more information:

also in the settings, the Version and Branch are not correct. I’ve logged into my gateway/modem and forwarded ports 8989, but still nothing. I can view Sonarr on any computer on my local network, but sonarrconnect does not work.

It randomly started working again with zero changes to any settings. Oh well.

That is great to hear! it could be that your browser cache needed to refresh but i’m not sure.

Thanks for the feedback, we plan to start working on an improved version in the next couple of months. During development we will take this feedback into account and implement something to search for an episode and also look for other ways to show what episode is marked as watched or not watched.

Hi all,
We just released a new version: 1.5.0
After we updated past 2.0.0.3732 we noticed that the episodes in the show panel where not selectable anymore, we changed the mapping of the episodes to seasons and hopefully this will resolve any issues regarding this issue.

Resolve issue: unable to select season in show view, if you have any issues please update to at least 2.0.0.3732

Thanks

I’ve just downloaded the extension, and here are my first thoughts:

• The “monitored” symbol is not clear on whether white or black means monitored. Maybe red would be a better color for monitored. And use black or white for unmonitored.
  • For unaired episodes on the Calendar tab, it would be nice to have the exact date and time of the airing instead of the relative time (i.e. “Thursday at 8 PM” instead of “in 21 hours”). I don’t want to have to do math to figure out exactly what time it comes on. For past episodes, relative is fine.
  • On the history tab, it would be nice to be able to set it to only show “imported” or “grabbed”, etc. (Similar to how Sonarr does on their history page)
  • I don’t see a place to view “Cutoff Unmet” episodes
  • When viewing a series’ page, clicking the “Sonarr” button at the bottom should open that exact page, not the main page.

I’ll note that I haven’t read through this entire thread, so I don’t know if these have been suggested or changed to the way it is because of a previous suggestion.

We cannot remove the badge in 1.5.0. I don’t want a number in front of the sonarr logo in chrome. I only see one [x] box for badge in the settings and it doesn’t work. background.options.showbadge seems to be locked in “true”…

I’ve just installed the extension. It tests ok, and shows 1480 as a badge - but I don’t get any dropdown menu or anything.
Any ideas boss?

An old thread I know, but not sure where else to post about this, but the extension no longer works with v4 of Sonarr.

The extension has been working fine with v3.