Sonarr can't find network drive

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5344
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue:
I’ve been using Sonarr for years and it’s been working great, but recently the hard drive died on the computer I ran it on. After installing a new hard drive I’m trying to get it back up and running, but for some reason when I click the “Import Existing Series On Disc” option I’m unable to see the network hard drive where all my TV shows are. My mac can see it just fine, but I just can’t figure out how to get Sonarr to see it.

Any ideas? I’m sure it’s just something totally simple that I’m missing, but it’s driving me crazy.

I should also add that clicking “Get Info” on the drive and copying the server path from there didn’t work either and doing that just gives me an “Invalid Path” error in Sonarr.

Have you mounted the network share on the computer running Sonarr?
What do the debug logs show?

I think that might be the issue, although I can’t figure out how to mount it. I created an alias so the network drive folder shows up on my desktop and I was actually just able to find it in Sonarr by browsing to /Volumes/ and then the name of the drive, but when I try to add it I get a message saying “Folder is not writable by user.” I’m the admin though and I even tried setting it to be readable/writable by everyone and I’m still getting the “Folder not writable by user” message.

Quick update. I installed Sonarr version 3 (I didn’t realize I previously installed such an old version because I had to install it through brew) and it’s working now!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.