Sonarr cant access files and copy to the destination folder

Sonarr version (3.0.6.1196):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Windows 10 Build 19042.928:
1-5-9 20:11:57.7|Debug|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Processing path: C:\Users(removed)\Downloads\Seeds\The.Simpsons.S32E20.720p.WEB.H264-CAKES[rarbg]
21-5-9 20:11:57.7|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: C:\Users(removed)\Downloads\Seeds\The.Simpsons.S32E20.720p.WEB.H264-CAKES[rarbg]. Ensure the path exists and the user running Sonarr has the correct permissions to access this file/folder
:

What is the best way to fix this?. I have set permissions to the folders to everyone Full Control Change Read
What else do i need to do to give sonarr the permissions it needs to access this folder??

Sonarr can be installed as system tray application or Windows Service. A system tray application is started after the user logs in and is visible as an icon on the taskbar system tray.
A Windows Service runs even when the user is not logged in, but special care must be taken since Windows Services cannot access network drives (\server\share or X:\ mapped drives) without special configuration steps.
Additionally the Windows Service runs under the ‘Local Service’ account, by default this account does not have permissions to access your user’s home directory unless permissions have been assigned manually. This is particularly relevant when using download clients that are configured to download to your home directory.
It’s therefore advisable to install Sonarr as a system tray application if the user can remain logged in. The option to do so is provided during the installer.

https://sonarr.tv/#download

That worked. I uninstalled Sonarr and reinstalled it as not a Windows Service. Just to be clear I did not have this problem with V2 Sonarr.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.