Sonarr Broken on ReadyNAS OS 6.7.1 (libmono?)

Hey guys

Hoping this is an easy fix. I’m running a Readynas Pro 6 on ReadyNAS OS 6.7.1 (just updated to this version) which is Jessie. CouchPotato and Nzbget are still running fine. I’m assuming this may be an issue with Mono.

I’ve run an apt-get update and upgrade and Sonarr has updated itself. Sonarr however does not appear to be running, so I tried reinstalling it:

root@NAS:~# sudo apt-get install nzbdrone
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
You might want to run ‘apt-get -f install’ to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
nzbdrone : Depends: libmono-cil-dev (>= 3.2) but it is not going to be installed
vim-runtime : Breaks: vim-tiny (< 2:7.4.488-7+deb8u3) but 2:7.4.488-7+deb8u2 is to be installed
vim-tiny : Depends: vim-common (= 2:7.4.488-7+deb8u2) but 2:7.4.488-7+deb8u3 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try ‘apt-get -f install’ with no packages (or specify a solution).

I haven’t yet figured out how to fix both the libmono or vim issues. I tried installing libmono and got the following:

root@NAS:~# sudo apt-get install libmono-cil-dev -y
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
You might want to run ‘apt-get -f install’ to correct these:
libmono-cil-dev : Depends: libmono-http4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-microsoft-web-infrastructure1.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-data-services4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-design4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-drawing4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-drawing-design4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-messaging4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-reactive-windows-forms2.2-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-runtime4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-servicemodel4.0a-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-servicemodel-activation4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-servicemodel-discovery4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-servicemodel-routing4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-servicemodel-web4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-serviceprocess4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-web4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-web-abstractions4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-web-dynamicdata4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-web-extensions4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-web-extensions-design4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-web-http-selfhost4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-web-http-webhost4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-web-mvc3.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-web-routing4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-web-services4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-web-webpages2.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-web-webpages-deployment2.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-web-webpages-razor2.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-windows-forms4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-windows-forms-datavisualization4.0a-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-system-xml-serialization4.0-cil (= 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libnunit-cil-dev (>= 2.4) but it is not going to be installed
vim-runtime : Breaks: vim-tiny (< 2:7.4.488-7+deb8u3) but 2:7.4.488-7+deb8u2 is to be installed
vim-tiny : Depends: vim-common (= 2:7.4.488-7+deb8u2) but 2:7.4.488-7+deb8u3 is to be installed
E: Unmet``` dependencies. Try ‘apt-get -f install’ with no packages (or specify a solution).

Another question I have is, would Sonarr typically install to the following directory in ReadyNAS OS -
/opt/NzbDrone/ ? If so, it would appear that this folder has disappeared with the OS update and I’m not sure why.

I’ve tried the other fixes in these forums for libmono not installing (adding new repos, cleaning apt-get etc), but that also didn’t resolve the issue.

I’ve also tried modify /etc/apt/preferences by adding:

Package: *
Pin: release n=jessie
Pin-Priority: 998

I’ve never ran into issues with Sonarr breaking when updating my ReadyNAS OS in the past so I’m kind of surprised here. Hoping someone can help? I’m a pretty big Linux noob :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Looks like it might be a similar issue as this one:

I’m not sure how best to solve that, but perhaps adding mono’s repo might make that easier?

Yes, that’s the typical location.

Hi Markus

Thanks for the reply. I ended up getting a friend at work to check into it. For some reason, mono and vim were both totally messed up after the OS /kernel upgrade. We uninstalled and reinstalled both, reinstalled Sonarr and I’m back in business.

Hopefully this isn’t a widespread problem for other ReadyNAS users.

1 Like

Hi applesandsynths,

Can you please detail how you reinstalled mono? I was having issues with sonarr after the upgrade to OS 6.7.1 as well.

When I try to install mono I am getting the following error messages

mono-complete : Depends: mono-devel (= 5.0.0.100-0xamarin4+debian7b1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: mono-4.0-service (= 5.0.0.100-0xamarin4+debian7b1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: monodoc-manual (= 5.0.0.100-0xamarin4+debian7b1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmono-cil-dev (= 5.0.0.100-0xamarin4+debian7b1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages

So first, several repos seem to have removed themselves from your lists file with 6.7.1. We’ll add the Mono repos back. PS, yes some of those are Wheezy but there aren’t Jessie versions for those two, and I’ve confirmed it works perfectly:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF
echo “deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian jessie main” | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list
echo “deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy-apache24-compat main” | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list
echo “deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy-libjpeg62-compat main” | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list
sudo apt-get update

Next do:

apt-get remove mono*

then do:

apt-get clean
apt-get autoclean
apt-get update

Next, do

sudo apt-get install mono-devel

I actually also had to reinstall Sonarr as well after upgrading to 6.7.1 since it was for some reason deleted. There was however an auto backup and my whole config and library was intact, so hopefully this is the case for you as well.

Run this:

sudo apt-get install nzbdrone --reinstall

Now start Sonarr and see if it works!

mono --debug /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe

Thank you for the great step by step. For anyone else searching for this solution, I will add that your last step does verify that mono/Sonarr are working again, but it wasn’t until I stopped the debug session (Ctrl+C) and restarted the NzbDrone service that my autobackup worked its magic and brought Sonarr back up without any further intervention.

For completeness I think I ended up using:

service nzbdrone stop
service nzbdrone start

… even though service nzbdrone restart -or- systemctl restart nzbdrone should be perfectly acceptable.

Thanks! Got it working again :wink:

Hi

When i run

apt-get remove mono*

i get an error

libmono-system4.0-cil : Depends: mono-runtime (>= 4.2.1.102) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: mono-runtime (< 4.2.1.103) but it is not going to be installed
libmono-tasklets4.0-cil : Depends: mono-runtime (>= 4.2.1.102) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: mono-runtime (< 4.2.1.103) but it is not going to be installed
libmono-windowsbase4.0-cil : Depends: mono-runtime (>= 2.10.1) but it is not going to be installed

Would you happen to have an idea on how to fix?

Maybe try:

Apt-get autoclean
Apt-get autoremove

Or also

Apt-get remove -f mono*

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

After a bit more playing i figured it out… for some reason mono wouldnt uninstall as I had a dependancy on VIM.

So i ran

Apt-get remove -f vim*

which then let all of the above instructions run and i have sonarr working again.

Thank you for your help

can i get some help with this too please? 6.7.1 has been disastrous for me too.
i have tried all the commands above but havent got anywhere:

apt-get remove mono*
this gives lots of ‘removing’ messages but also:

Removing libmono-system-xml4.0-cil (4.2.1.102+dfsg2-6) …
dpkg: warning: while removing libmono-system-xml4.0-cil, directory ‘/usr/lib/mono’ not empty so not removed
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.58) …
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-18+deb8u7.netgear1) …
N: Ignoring file ‘mono-xamarin.listsudo’ in directory ‘/etc/apt/sources.list.d/’ as it has an invalid filename extension

W: GPG error: https://deb.nodesource.com/node_6.x jessie InRelease: The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 1655A0AB68576280
W: The repository ‘https://deb.nodesource.com/node_6.x jessie InRelease’ is not signed.
N: Data from such a repository can’t be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

sudo apt-get install mono-devel errors with:

N: Ignoring file ‘mono-xamarin.listsudo’ in directory ‘/etc/apt/sources.list.d/’ as it has an invalid filename extension

root@JTS314:~# sudo apt-get install nzbdrone --reinstall
E: Unable to locate package nzbdrone

Maybe try:

apt-get clean && apt-get autoclean
apt-get autoremove
apt-get update
apt-get remove -f mono*
or
apt-get remove -f libmono*

then try:

sudo apt-get install mono-devel

Seems like you’re also missing the Sonarr repo so add that back too:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys FDA5DFFC
echo “deb http://apt.sonarr.tv/ master main” | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sonarr.list

I was also getting those error messages regarding the Mono repo. Once I got Mono installed and everything running nicely, I just commented out the Mono repo in the mono-xamarin.list source file.

1 Like

I just installed the very latest firmware that has become available again today.
It wiped out Docker so I thought I would give you suggestion a go from above - this worked! Thanks for the help

Glad to hear you’re sorted! I’m not sure why these new OS updates are no longer showing up in the ReadyNAS Admin Page when you click Check for Updates. Never had to manually update the OS before 6.7.1. Seems like 6.7.2 is also not showing up again. Ah well!

ReadyNAS is now up to 6.7.4

I have NZBGet, Sonarr and Radarr running great, installed by SSH. They all will update inside the program. Plex and PlexPL I installed the normal way. PlexPL will update inside it’s app. Plex, I still have to turn off and then overwrite with a update version manually, and then turn back on.

It took me HOURS to do. I’m no Debian Linux expert by a long shot. Thank goodness for sites like Google where I can hung the info I need. I use SmarTTY to SSH into my NAS. I like it. Another program that came in handy and made things easier was WinSCP. This giving me file access to my NAS much better making it much easier to move something from one place to another. To creating a Text file for the autostart stuff, and then saving and changing permissions, instead of using nano or vim or whatever else. Instead you just go to the location you need to and then create a new file. It’s a snap. SmarTTY and WinSCP are windows programs.

Signed up on this forum just to say thanks for these steps to reinstall mono and sonarr. This happened to me after updating my readynas 314 to v6.7.4 and for the last couple days been trying all the normal steps to reinstall only to get errors. Like confidentjohn, I had to remove vim before removing mono then all your steps worked perfectly and I’m up and running with all my settings in tack!! Again thanks so much applesandsynths!!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.