mediainfo --version:
MediaInfo Command line,
MediaInfoLib - v0.7.97

ls /usr/lib64/libmediainfo* -al:
22 Jul 28 11:32 /usr/lib64/libmediainfo.so.0 -> libmediainfo.so.0.7.97
Jul 10 02:16 /usr/lib64/libmediainfo.so.0.7.97

Hope this what you needed…

@Taloth / @markus101

I have the crash and the saved logs zipped. Where should I upload this as I’d prefer non-public display :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Anywhere you like, dropbox, w/e. Encrypt the zip if you want. Just PM one of us the link (and optionally zip password).

PM sent… thanks again!

I have the whole sonarr folder zipped up too if that one doesn’t help.

One thing that I find curious is that I’ve seen like 4 different stack traces. Mono is crashing during arbitrary actions, always in the same function related to memory allocation, but Sonarr is doing arbitrary things.

The console log you sent is only the stderr output, not the stdout as well. So it makes it a bit more difficult.

But I’ll be honest, I don’t know what’s happening. sqlite is a tad older than my already old ubuntu 14.04 install, but libmediainfo (the one I’m worried about most) is fairly up to date.

There have been similar exceptions with Radarr going as far back as January.

I’d like to do an experiment:
In /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.Core.dll.config you’ll find an xml file with the mapping between MediaInfo and the libmediainfo.so, changing the target for the os=linux (at least, I think that one is used for Centos) one to something else (libmediainfofake.so.0 for example) should prevent mediainfo from being loaded. Obviously, stop sonarr first before modifying that file, and you might want to disable auto updates too so the file doesn’t get overwritten suddenly.
The consequence is that Sonarr can’t import any downloads automatically since the samplecheck will fail, but at least then you know the modification worked. (You should be able to force the imports manually when needed)

Run that for a day or two, if it crashes again despite not being able to load libmediainfo, then we’ll at least know it’s not caused by that.

No problem doing that. I can redirect ALL output too if you’d like.

Might be useful to do that while doing the above experiment.

File modified:

running line:

/bin/mono --debug /apps/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe -nobrowser --data=/apps/data/.sonarr 2>&1 | tee -a sonarr.log

That look ok?

WOW… ok… that didn’t last very long…

I sent you a PM with the crash.

Makes me wonder if that experiment just blew in our face. Can you repeat it?

Next steps in my ‘plan’ is to first update libsqlite3 to something newer, and if that doesn’t have an effect then I’d like to downgrade mono to 4.8 or something. At this point we simply have to try various things.

Yeap, It’s running again… ran fine this time.

I’m also trying to update to mono 5.2.x but I’m not seeing it as an available update yet.

@Taloth, If this all fails, do you guys still support Mono 4.6?

mono-basic.x86_64
mono-basic-devel.x86_64

all versions are 4.6-3 on the el7 repository… no 4.8

I know lots of issues seem to have occurred with 5.x

@Taloth

Crashed with the libmediainfo so I’ll change that back.

Sent you a PM with the newest log

Thanks again for all your work on this… I appreciate it!

Same error, different place… again. You’ve got mice, constantly making noises somewhere else in the house.

First things first: This is something specific to your setup, hardware, distro, packages or a combination thereof. Otherwise there would be thousands complaining about daily crashes. Ergo, ipso, facto, Colombo, Oreo: You have a problem.

4.6 should be ok to try, I just know I’ve been running 4.8 for months quite stable (although I updated to 5.x a couple of weeks ago) and is the last version before 5.x, which is why I suggested it.

I downgraded back to the newest supported elrepo 7 version. It’s apparently 4.2 but whatever :slight_smile:

Thanks again @Taloth… I’ll try this 4.2 and if it fails try to get 4.8 installed again. If that still fails, I’ll reinstall Sonarr and redo my entire DB…

@Taloth/@markus101

Just FYI… downgrading to the Centos supported 4.2.x version seems to have fixed the issue of the crashes. I’m chalking this one up to mono 5.1.1

Thanks for all the time you guys spent on this. Hopefully, they fix this in the future/other folks see this thread if they are having the same problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.