Sonarr Backup Old Version Not Updating To Version 3

When Im trying to make restore for my backup is not working can you please help me out what can i do?

Regards

in what way is it failing?

i presume you installed a sonarr version that would work for the backup you have, did enough to get that up and running with an empty db, then restored?

yes the empty is called sonarr.db my backup is called nzbdrone.db when changed the name the same to sonarr and restart sonarr im getting 502 gateway error. im using it on ubuntu server.

if the db names are different that sounds like the db is not meant for the version you have installed.

it also sounds like you arent using a sonarr backup, and restoring it via sonarr itself, youre just copying an old database file over the top of a new one.

which would probably work if the database was from the same version you have installed, but it doesnt appear to be.

the last manual backup i have with an nzbdrone.db file was back in early 2019 (with an august 2019 using sonarr.db). if thats how old your backup is then is it worth it? youd probably be better off just doing a series > library import instead.

whats the date on your “backup”? that would at least give some indication of which version of sonarr you should install to have more chance of it working

Version
Mono Version

thats my version?

Version 2 is end of life since March. 2021. :neutral_face:

youre going to have to upload your log files and link them here so someone can take a look at whats going on.

its also possible the database is corrupt and nothing you can do will work (the logs should at least indicate this), do you have any other backups you could try?

you could try doing it semi-normally (although im not sure it will work with a database that old). zip up the nzbdrone.db file, delete v2 and install the latest v3, then restore the zip file through the gui?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.