Sonarr 2.0.0.5054 (Win10) unusable. Crashes repeatedly after a few seconds

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5054
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/qe3kqa8F
The latest debug log that was generated by Sonarr after crashing: https://pastebin.com/T1h4v0SQ
Description of issue: A few days ago, I started experiencing crashes on Sonarr after startup. I’ve been trying to find a solution ever since, but unfortunately I haven’t been able to get one.
Sonarr had been running perfectly until this problem started. Now, everytime I run Windows, Sonarr appears to crash after a few seconds (different everytime), but the issue seems to come up whenever Sonarr runs a command to update the library and the artwork for the TV shows.

I’ve tried deleting the database and then importing the TV shows again, with a clean installation, getting all the possible Windows updates, updating Sonarr to the latest develop version… but nothing seems to work. It keeps crashing.

I’ve been loking everywhere for a solution and I have seen that many people are experiencing the same issue. It’s a little bit frustrating, because I really like Sonarr and up until now it has been running smoothly.

Can anybody offer some help, please? Many thanks in advance!

EDIT 1:

After stating my problem in the IRC channel, Taloht suggested to find out the exact way in which Sonarr crases, since the logs created by Sonarr didn’t show anything relevant. I have checked the logs created by Windows and they show that, right before each Sonarr crash, there is a failure which is originated by .NET Runtime and shows the following message:

Application: NzbDrone.exe
Framework version: v4.0.30319
Internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 738C40E3 (738A0000) with exit code 80131506.

Right after this failure, Sonarr crashes with and the event log shows the following message:

Faulting application name: NzbDrone.exe, versión: 2.0.0.5074, marca de tiempo: 0x5a222863
Faulting module name: clr.dll, versión: 4.7.2600.0, marca de tiempo: 0x59d78b0a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000240e3
Faulting process id: 0xd2c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d36c72d0db57fb
Faulting application path: C:\ProgramData\NzbDrone\bin\NzbDrone.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: 33d836c3-9603-4bfd-9c43-7a11664b59f4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Here you have two screenshots that show both messages:

How are you running Sonarr? (Service or Tray icon)

According for a google search the error code 80131506 is caused by managed heap corruption, which could have a few different causes.

Given 17-12-3 18:33:11.1|Debug|MediaCoverService|Resizing Fanart-360 for [296762][Westworld] is logged, it’s likely failing when resizing the image (I believe @Taloth pointed out a similar issue on the forums for that).

I don’t have any suggestions on what to check for beyond AV as we’ve seen that cause issues in the past.

In the end, I had to format my hard drive and now everything is working fine. I hope the problem doesn’t reappear, as it has been a major headache.

If it does, I’ll report it back here.

Thanks for everything

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.