Sonarr 2.0.0.4323 and Sabnzbd 1.1.0 no longer able to connect

This issue has appeared with the version below. Was working before the update.

I have a backup so I will revert back but how do I prevent auto update?

Thanks.

**Sonarr version : 2.0.0.4323
SABNZBD : Version: 1.1.0 [8abcf08]
Windows
Sabnzbd Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings

NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientException: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings —> System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:line 67
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:line 58
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute(HttpRequest request) in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 65
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.ProcessRequest(HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, SabnzbdSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:line 167
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.ProcessRequest(HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, SabnzbdSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:line 175
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.GetHistory(Int32 start, Int32 limit, String category, SabnzbdSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:line 109
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.Sabnzbd.GetHistory() in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\Sabnzbd.cs:line 115

Debug:
16-9-11 14:29:07.6|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/log/file: 200.OK (156 ms)
16-9-11 14:29:07.7|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/log/file: 200.OK (15 ms)
16-9-11 14:29:07.7|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/log/file/sonarr.debug.txt: 200.OK (15 ms)
16-9-11 14:29:07.9|Debug|SabnzbdProxy|Url: https://X.Y.Z.30:9090/api?mode=queue&start=0&limit=0&apikey=(removed)&output=json
16-9-11 14:29:07.9|Warn|Sabnzbd|Couldn’t get download queue. Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings
16-9-11 14:29:07.9|Debug|SabnzbdProxy|Url: https://X.Y.Z.30:9090/api?mode=history&start=0&limit=30&category=tv&apikey=(removed)&output=json
16-9-11 14:29:07.9|Error|Sabnzbd|Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings

I have found that the issue is with Sonarr and Sabnzbd with SSL Activated to access. I removed SSL for now as only accessible from inside my network.

Why all of a sudden is Sonarr having issues with a Self-Signed Cert from Sabnzbd which has been used for years?

I also have this issue with not connecting to Sab

Having the same issue. Disabling SSL worked for me, but I’d rather not.

I have restored a backup of Sonarr to get SSL back, but there is no way to block the update from installing except to lock sonarr from going to the website for updates …

The disable auto update feature should be made available for this type of issue !!

The certificate was created years ago? Have you tried creating a new certificate?

This latest release supports new SSL technologies when .net 4.5 is installed, which will allow Sonarr to connect to sites using better security, but remains backwards compatible with older technologies so there should be no change.

I setup SAB 1.1.0 with a self-signed certificate from http://www.selfsignedcertificate.com/ and Sonarr is able to connect without issue. Both are running on Windows 10.

We have no plans to provide the ability to disable automatic updates, the end result would be way too many installations running old versions of Sonarr because people are afraid to update. Nearly 6000 people are on the develop branch of Sonarr and have tested this change for a number of days now without issue. No release will be perfect, but days or even weeks of testing makes us confident that the number of issues will be low.

Out of all the possible issues this is relatively low impact and easy to work around because in most setups SSL connections to SAB are not required, if SAB is running on the same PC or on another PC on a trusted network (not public WIFI) then it’s probably overkill since there wouldn’t be anyone to intercept it.

To diagnose this further we’ll need more information:

• Windows version
  • Which .net versions are installed (The output the first PowerShell command here, would be great: http://stackoverflow.com/a/3495491/882971)
  • The .cert file you’re using (so we can verify it’s details). This is the public certificate that any visitor can inspect when accessing the site and isn’t usable without the corresponding private key. Feel free to PM me a link (to dropbox/google drive/etc) to share it with me.

Good day, Generating a new certificate solved the issue. There seems to be an issue possibly with the backward compatibility. I am running windows 2012 r2 and only 4.5 as .net.

Do you still have the old cert? I’m curious about what may have caused it with the old certificate.

The above question from markus stands, we really like to know which ciphers the certs use.

@markus101: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3069494 could be the reason why it’s getting rejected now: "For all operating system platforms earlier than Windows 10, the RC4 algorithm will be removed from use. From Windows 10, the following additional unsafe algorithms will be removed: DES, NULL, EXPORT and MD5"
With us enabling TLS 1.1 and 1.2 maybe it triggers this logic.

SABnzbd generates it’s own self-signed certificates by default, it only does this upon installation. Unfortunately, in 0.7 and 1.0.0 these were signed using some outdated algorithm, probably RC4.
For SABnzbd 1.1.0 we upgraded the self-signed certificates to SHA256, but all upgraded installations will indeed still have the low-quality old certificates.

I will discuss with the others to force-regeneration of certificates in SABnzbd 1.1.1, but might be some weeks before that will be released :confused:

1 Like

Users can solve it by installing SABnzbd 1.1.0 and then deleting the server.cert in their admin_dir (location for each os: https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/advanced/directory-setup)
SABnzbd will then re-generate the certificates using a proper algorithm when it’s restarted!

1 Like

Same issue here, disabling SSL resolved the issue.

My sonarr / sab had SSL enabled with no certificates added manually by me. Sonarr seems to be handling SSL differently on this front. Nothing else has updated, other programs like CouchPotato still connect to sab fine.

Delete your Sab server.cert (I deleted server.key just to be safe) and then restart Sab. It’ll work.

Thanks to both Team Sonarr and Safihre! I know most of us are freaking out over nothing, but all parties’ responses were incredibly quick and effective.

I am having the same problem.

I couldn’t find where the URL was in the logs. I ended up shutting off SSL access to SabNZB in the downloader options in Sonarr. Sonarr was not liking SSL since the last update. Everything worked perfectly until Sept 11’s update. Connecting without SSL works for me though.

If markus101’s URL is the one it is trying to use then maybe someone made a typo in the request URL.

My settings that used to work (but don’t anymore) are posted here:

One of many errors in the log showing the inability to connect:
16-9-12 20:51:14.8|Warn|Sabnzbd|Couldn’t get download queue. Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings
16-9-12 20:51:14.8|Error|Sabnzbd|Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings

[v2.0.0.4323] NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientException: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings —> System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:line 67
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:line 58
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute(HttpRequest request) in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 65
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.ProcessRequest(HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, SabnzbdSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:line 167
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.ProcessRequest(HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, SabnzbdSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:line 175
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.GetHistory(Int32 start, Int32 limit, String category, SabnzbdSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:line 109
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.Sabnzbd.GetHistory() in M:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\Sabnzbd.cs:line 115

This topic was stickied for a reason. The other thread was not related.

I apologise for posting in the other thread. I used Google to find my issue (which is this issue in this thread) and didn’t look any further than the new posts at the bottom of the page. Lazy me.

I updated to SABnzb 1.1.0 and deleted the server.cert and server.key files. It worked like a charm. Thank you.

After removing QNAP Store Python and trying QPython, I ended up getting Entware Python and getting Sabnzbd to read it, but I still get similar errors to these, with Sonarr unable to connect. I tried the deleting cert/key files, but it just prevents Sabnzbd from working and throwing out errors. It actually reverts to non-SSL.

Sonarr since then crashes within seconds of startup, even if Szbnzbd is shutdown.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Well, the latest Mono seems to have caused crashing. Although it doesn’t like develop version of Szbnzbd, which started saying that after attempted Python switch. Rather confusing, but ultimately working again.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.