Sonaar not moving completed downloads to TV folder

Hello,

I use Sabnzbd to download my TV shows and have set up Sonaar to manage them. The downloads are completed and placed in the folder that I have defined in my Sabnzbd settings.

The TV show folders are successfully created by Sonaar in the TV folder I have defined.

I am running a synology NAS and both Sabnzbd and Sonaar are on the same host/disk

Any idea what I’m missing here?

Thanks!

This is what I’m seeing in the logs:

DownloadedEpisodesImportService Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /config/Downloads/complete/TV/****.s01e04.1080p.hdtv.x264-moritz

It looks like a permissions issue. What permissions do I need to add to that folder?

Thanks

I added read/write permissions for the ‘users’ and ‘sc-media’ groups to the docker top level folder that contains this subfolder but the error is still thrown…

What permissions are on the actual files and folders? Do either of those groups have read and write access to the folders as they are on disk right now?

Hi there,

Sorry, I’m a bit of a noob when it comes to Linux/Syno…

I assigned permissions on the top level but then in order to troubleshoot I changed the download folder on sabnzbd to a folder outside the docker container folder hierarchy for Sonaar. It seems that sonaar is still trying to access the /config section even though I changed it and restarted both sabnzbd and sonaar containers.

Checking sabnzbd, I can see that it’s still showing /config in the folders…it doesn’t seem to update…

Also, on another note, I’m not sure how exactly the containers are supposed to be configured - I don’t fully understand the concept of the file/folder vs mount path in the volumes section despite reading through here: http://drfrankenstein.co.uk/2016/03/29/setting-up-sonarr-in-docker-on-a-synology-nas/

OK, so I’ve set Sonaar volume path to this and it’s still throwing the same error:

DownloadedEpisodesImportService Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /downloads/complete/TV/************.2017.01.28.720p.HDTV.x264-FTP

It tries to access the path that SAB is reporting, changing the path post-download won’t help as SAB doesn’t move the files and will still report the old path.

Is the path that SAB reports as /downloads/complete/TV actually /downloads? Sonarr and SAB need to see the same path as the same path for Sonarr to import it (lots of threads on this here).

It sounds like your paths aren’t setup properly so you’ll fix those up, /downloads in both SAB and Sonarr should point to the same folder on the synology (assuming you’re using docker containers for both), if not you’ll need to use a Remote Path Mapping in Sonarr to do it.

PS it’s Sonarr, not Sonaar.

Here are the screenshots of my Sabnzbd & Sonarr container volumes, they are pointing to the same folder on the Syno:

However, Sonarr is still throwing errors…

What errors? If it’s related to the config path the only way to fix that would be to move the files elsewhere and use manual import and delete them from SAB’s history so Sonarr stops trying to process them.

If it’s about the /downloads path then the user that is running Sonarr doesn’t have access, the easiest solution there is to have them both run under the same user, or at the very least have them in the same primary group and ensure the files have group read and write access.

I cleared the history in Sabnzbd and I’m no longer seeing the errors, thanks for the hint!

I’m downloading a new episode to see if Sonarr is able to pick them up now since I changed both Sabnzbd and Sonarr to point to the same syno volume - will keep you posted.

On a different issue, do you know why Sonarr is downloading the same episode after I deleted the one I watched the other day? It’s set to only monitor future episodes and that one is in the past.

Thanks

Future applies when the show was added, not when the episode is available otherwise as soon as the show aired it’d be in the past and you’d never get any downloads.

If you watch and delete you’ll want to enable Ignore Deleted Episodes in Media Management settings

After setting them to be the same path, Sonarr is now automatically sending the episodes to their respective folders.

That setting to ignore deleted episodes was already checked. I’m also seeing something else…any idea why it’s downloading the same episode after successfully downloading one before, both 720p but different filename ?

The setting only applies to files Sonarr still knew about when the setting was enabled and it takes up to 12 hours for Sonarr to notice they are deleted, if an upgraded file was downloaded in the mean time then it would import it, which leads to the second question.

They’re different qualities. Make sure your cutoff is set properly if you don’t want it to upgrade qualities.

The best solution I have found is to create a symbolic soft link to the location that your downlaoder is leaving the completed downloads.
Based on the error that looks to be /config/Downloads/complete/TV
Try this and see if your problem is resolved.

ln -s /config/Downloads/complete/TV /downloads
Then change your downloads location Sabnzbd to /downloads
This will drop a symbolic soft link in your root folder named downloads and Sabnzbd will put the completed downloads in the same location but both will understand that location to be /downloads.

Hope that makes sense.
Chris

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.