Slow file move speeds to CIFS share

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5163
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.10.1.20
OS: linuxserver/sonarr Docker image (I think Ubuntu Cloud)
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/raw/Thn8ae3L
Description of issue:

Hi Guys,

I’m currently running Sonarr along with NZBGet on a Synology NAS - both are running in Docker (linuxserver.io’s images). Episodes are initially downloaded to the NAS, and are then transfered to another HDD attatched to an Nvidia Shield for permanent storage. The Shield’s HDD is mounted to the NAS using CIFS.

When copying files from the NAS to the Shield’s HDD, using the mv or cp commands in Docker or copying manually, transfer speeds are around 60-80 MB/s. However, when files are being moved by Sonarr transfer speeds max at around 10-12 MB/s.

Any ideas why this could be happening? I’ve read that Mono has some problems with CIFS mounts (specifically truncation of large files?) - but I’m not sure if that’s applicable here as the CIFS share is abstratced behind Docker.

I would try NFS mounts, etc, but unfortunately the Shield only offers SMB/CIFS sharing and I’m not overly enthusiastic about rooting it.

Any help is much appreciated - thank you!

(I know this is similar to this thread: Sonarr move file speeds slow but it received no replies)

It’s still applicable as it’s still running under mono.

No idea why it’s slow, but wouldn’t the NAS be a better spot to keep data long term? It’s literally Network Attached Storage.

Thanks for the reply! It might just be something I have to work with then.

My setup is slightly unorthodox - as I live with other people the NAS has to go in my bedroom. Unfortunately the NAS’ HDDs (WD Red) are too loud for my girlfriend’s happiness/ability to sleep, so the NAS powers down at night. Other people still require access to Plex when the NAS is off for various reasons, so to keep everyone happy I purchased a 3TB desktop HDD that is connected to the Shield. It’s much quieter than the NAS, and also spins down when idle for >15 mins.

If the NAS was anywhere else I would ditch the Shield’s HDD completely, but what can you do…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.