Show name with : in the title

Sonarr version (2.0.0.5301):
Mono version (5.18.0.240):
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS:

When adding show like Street Outlaws: No Prep Kings sonarr changes the : to -. Under settings > Replace Illegal Characters > is set to Yes. Would prefer the : is changed to a , Is there a place I can change this?

Sonarr currently replaces : with a -, we’re planning to change that to space-dash in v3. Sonnar doesn’t replace any illegal characters with a ,, it could be something else doing the renaming, we’d need to see debug logs of the import.

Was confused at first, then reread my post. tried to write ‘<’ space ‘>’ and it got converted to a comma when I hit post. Would be great if there was a option for the user to enter what they want to be converted to. because to me space-dash is no better then just the dash.

Sorry, I misread your original post, but we do not have plans for users to choose which character they want instead, it’s either replaced or removed.

Remove sounds great to me.

You can use Series CleanTitle or Episode CleanTitle to achieve that.

Looked around did not see either of these options. Where can this be found under settings?

Did some searching and found how to use the CleanTitle, changes other things that I don’t want changed, so no go on that.

I know it asking to much, I use great program when cleaning music called Tagscanner (https://www.xdlab.ru/en/) they added the ability to replace text on the go, just a thought.

Disabling Replace Illegal Characters will have a similar effect (though will affect any illegal character replacement).

When Sonarr added the show, Street Outlaws- No Prep Kings is the directory it decided on. I edited the show and removed the - , but when the rename/move is triggered it still adds the - to the file name since that is the Name of the show. How about checking the folder name and using that for the naming process?

That’s not something we’re going to support.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.