Series Runtime is 0 error still occuring

This is re the error message: “Series runtime is 0, unable to validate size until it is available” when searching for releases.

I know this issue was raised a few years back and the finger was pointed at the tvdb API, but two years later and it’s still happening. For me it’s an almost daily occurence. Today I had to manually download two shows, Lincoln Lawyer and Essex Serpent.

Is there anything I can do to mitigate this issue? If there isn’t, is it maybe time to build something in to Sonarr to help address this problem when an external service breaks in this way? Could we have a setting that lets you stipulate the default runtime for a show when it’s added in case the API returns a 0 value?

Lee.

I know this issue was raised a few years back and the finger was pointed at the tvdb API, but two years later and it’s still happening

The root cause has not changed. The series has no runtime on TVDb or it has not cleared the ~36hrs worth of caches that exist.

Is there anything I can do to mitigate this issue?

Update TVDb earlier

Could we have a setting that lets you stipulate the default runtime for a show when it’s added in case the API returns a 0 value?

No setting, but a fix is in develop for pilot series only. https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/commit/cc9fc1e3c36e6a8bcc23ea275ca2460d3fd5f6a0

This is and will always be a common problem for netflix and similar series until they fix their poor API.