Series' root folder (\\Drobo\Public\Shows) doesn't exist

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4613
((Debug logs)): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20060919/sonarr.debug.txt
Description of issue: Sonarr stopped being able to connect or identify my server path late last week, which has not changed and is still navigable through windows explorer. I AM using the UNC path, since it is not a local folder, as laid out in the FAQ (it has been this way since I set everything up). I have also made sure all users have read/write access on the entire Drobo share, as well. Screenshot of the errors: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20060919/unable%20to%20check.JPG

All the other threads I was able to find on this seemed to be related to either not using the UNC path or a permission issue, but I’m not seeing how those are my issues here. Any and all help/thoughts are GREATLY appreciated!

You can access the share through Windows Explorer?
Have you tried stopping Sonarr and running the executable directly to see if it’s a problem with the service? Or changing the user the service is running as?

Hi Markus101,

Yes, I can access the share through Windows Explorer on all the machines on my network at the same paths as listed in each Sonarr series.

I did this and everything else seems to be normal, it’s just not moving the downloaded files to the correct path, as it says it cannot find it.

I looked at the user the service is running as (local), but since this is how it was set up originally, I have not yet modified it.

Thoughts?

Try the steps in the ((FAQ)) for accessing remote shares,either changing to user or not running as a service are probably the best bets.

1 Like

Okay, I changed the user from the local system to my user account for the machine and well, I don’t know why it worked (and was the reason I didn’t mess with it until you specifically recommended it), but it worked.

Everything is updating now and I’m watching Plex pick everything up correctly once the files have moved over. Instantly started working again.

So here is my last question: Sonarr was working as local system for years, why did it suddenly stop working? I am assuming I would have had to updated something and that may have triggered this always pending potential issue? Just curious.

More importantly, thanks for the help!!!

Could have come down to when the share was mounted on startup or if you added authentication to the server, tough to say for sure, just some educated guesses.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.