Series Editor - Root Path Modification Error

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4753
Mono version: Stable 4.2.3.4/832de4b
Debug logs: Nothing particularly useful that I could find in the logs. I didn’t even see the specific mnt path anywhere

17-6-22 14:45:59.8|Debug|SeriesService|Updating 81 series 17-6-22 14:45:59.9|Debug|SeriesService|81 series updated 17-6-22 14:45:59.9|Debug|Api|[PUT] /api/series/editor: 202.Accepted (251 ms) 17-6-22 14:46:00.2|Debug|RootFolderService|Generating list of unmapped folders 17-6-22 14:46:00.2|Debug|RootFolderService|87 unmapped folders detected. 17-6-22 14:46:00.2|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/rootfolder: 200.OK (42 ms)
Description of issue:

I migrated my media from a Windows RAID to a Linux NAS. When I went into Sonarr to update the root path with the Series Editor, the Series Editor combined the original windows path with the new Linux path, creating an unusable mix-matched path. Attempting to delete, re-save, or re-add the folder hasn’t worked.

Is there a manual way to fix this?

• Original path: S:\TV Series
  • New path: /media/TV Series
  • Series Editor result: /media/TV Series/S:\TV Series

You cannot migrate from windows to linux without editing the sqlite database.
The only way to fix this is to open the sqlite database (nzbdrone.db) in an sqlite editor.

This post was regarding the migration of the media managed by Sonarr, not the migration of Sonarr itself. I thought that circumstance was exactly what the Series Editor and root folder change was for (?)

If this still requires editing nzbdrone.db, is it as simple as replacing all “S:\TV Series” with “/media/TV series” ?

The S:\TV Series path is a Windows path, and only works if Sonarr is running on windows.
The new path /media/TV series is a linux path, and only works if Sonarr is running on linux/osx.
So you must’ve installed Sonarr on a different system. Or otherwise had it configured completely wrong either before or now.

Anyway, yes, only way to fix this is to edit the database and repair the at least the Series table, but you may have to fix paths and/or slashes in the Episodes and RootFolder tables too.

I had trouble with the root folders, in particular setting them via the “series” page, but with the series editor I could mass select the series and set thew root to /mnt/Episodes and sonar would append the show name on the path. Then I just needed to make sure the names of my folders and the names of the series in sonnar was and exact match (The Americans 2015, vs just The Americans).

Running in debug will help you spot any path mismatches as you do your import.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.