Sense8 Christmas Special S02E00 is incorrect in Sonarr

This isn’t so much a problem with Sonarr as it is a problem with the information it’s downloading. Right now, The Christmas Special for Sense 8 is listed as Season 2 Episode 1. It will not be episode 1 once the season premiers. The Christmas Special was E00, meaning it should go into the “Specials” category.

I’m wondering if there’s a way to manually tweak a show in the event the meta data downloaded is incorrect. Or how I can report this incorrect information.

Thanks!

Sonarr gets it’s information from TheTVDB, so it will need to be fixed there.

Ok I signed up for an account over there and the episode was locked, so I submitted the necessary information to their forum.

Will Sonarr move the file once the series refreshes or what will I need to do to “fix” it?

If it’s already been imported, Sonarr won’t move it. If it hasn’t been imported it will depend on how it’s named, you may need to use manual import to import it.

And now with the whole Season 2 being released the problem is resurfacing.

I see Sonarr downloading Episode 1 and renaming it as Episode 2. But then it doesn’t download Episode 2 (to be renamed as Episode 3 according to thetvdb) because on disk it already has Episode 2 (which is Episode 1, the first after the Christmas Special).

Basically, the scene considered the Christmas episode as a special and it’s now released the new ten episodes naming them s02e01, s02e02, s02e03, s02e04, s02e05, s02e06, s02e07, s02e08, s02e09 and s02e10.

And actually, according to Netflix itself, TheTVDB is correct and the scene is wrong.
Season 2 is listed on Netflix as having 11 episodes.

Yes TheTVDB/netflix are “correct” and thexem.de has already been updated to remap the episodes.

“Correct” because it seems a bit weird, but it’s how they want it.

I just saw this too: http://thexem.de/xem/show/3720

I’m interested to see how this pans out considering as all s2e1 through to 10 have been procured (actually 2-11), will checking for a rename on the season in a day or two shift them all up one or will it need manual intervention?

It still creates a problem, Markus.

Since we already have s02e01 on our drives, s02e01 scene (in reality s02e02) is refused because a corresponding file is found. I don’t know if I make sense…

I needed to add manually the scene s02e01.

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=36374&p=114368#p114368

If you are wondering how I am fixing it, I am manually importing the episodes that got screwed up and unwatching any episodes I already have downloaded.

The Christmas special was moved to S02E00.

Nevermind, I see now, they still have episode 1 listed as episode 2. TheTVDB really screwed up here.

The problem is that scene screwed up. Netflix decided that Season 2 has 11 episodes.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80025744

But Sonarr downloads s02e10 and puts it down as s02e11. BUT. All the same the file is saved as s02e10. So when s02e10 is available (s02e09), it gets discarded because there’s already a file like that on the hard drive.

Only if you don’t have Renaming enabled. But the file is still linked with the correct episode. (Unless you mess with it like move it around)

Uhm… ok. I think I disabled it because I didn’t like something else about that option (can’t remember what, to be honest).

But you are correct, Sonarr is capable of handling this correctly if set up by allowing it to rename episodes. Thanks for clarifying. :slight_smile:

It’s quite funny, I feel sorry for Sonarr’s AI brain on this one, not only were the scene not on-point with the naming, because of multi-lingual release there was also tagging for languages there to mess it up.

I DL’d >15GB, with about 5GB usable at the end of it all. Even with renaming, this was a mess to keep track of, particularly as it looks like sometimes the eps lined up with tvdb and sometimes not. Oh well, manual fallback to the rescue :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.