SecureChannelFailure adding any Indexer

On an old Mac Mini running the last available OS X version, 10.7
Sonarr 2.0.0.5059
Mono 5.2.0.224 (also rolled back to mono 5.0)

Unable to connect to indexer: Error: SecureChannelFailure (One or more errors occurred.): (indexerURL here)
(The URL works in a browser)

Detail below seems to mean it’s in Mono SSL stuff. I read a suggestion to downgrade to Mono 5.2 but that didn’t change anything. Suggestions appreciated, thanks.

—> System.Net.WebException: Error: SecureChannelFailure (One or more errors occurred.) —> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. —> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception. —> System.EntryPointNotFoundException: SSLCreateContext
at (wrapper managed-to-native) Mono.AppleTls.AppleTlsContext:SSLCreateContext (intptr,Mono.AppleTls.SslProtocolSide,Mono.AppleTls.SslConnectionType)

If you can’t update OS X you need to downgrade mono to 4.8 or maybe even 4.6 since the new TLS in mono does not seem to be compatible with old OS X versions.

I’ll try that, thanks @markus101, thanks!
I feel bad about having a slow but perfectly usable little box I can leave on all the time, but it is stuck at 10.7 and Chrome and possibly Firefox want no part of it, no updates and constant reminders about that fact.

FWIW, went to 4.6, no go.

What error do you need to get now?

libcurl will need to be available as a fallback for SSL support.

Error is still the same and libcurl is there.

Please post the logs with the exact error, if the error is the exact same you must still be using a version of mono that’s not supported by your OS (4.8 added the new TLS provider, though it wasn’t enabled by default until 5.0).

I appreciate your following up on this, I will post the entire pertinent log error tomorrow. Maybe this is a lost cause :slight_smile:

Unable to connect to indexer: Error: SecureChannelFailure (One or more errors occurred.): 'https://nzbfinder.ws/api?t=caps&apikey=a37eb8aeaf4a
d7571e68ba3ef8559c'

Exception
System.Net.WebException: Error: SecureChannelFailure (One or more errors occurred.): 'https://nzbfinder.ws/api?t=caps&apikey=a37eb8aeaf4af9d7571ba3ef8559c' ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: SecureChannelFailure (One or more errors occurred.) ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception. ---> System.EntryPointNotFoundException: SSLCreateContext
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Mono.AppleTls.AppleTlsContext:SSLCreateContext (intptr,Mono.AppleTls.SslProtocolSide,Mono.AppleTls.SslConnectionType)
  at Mono.AppleTls.AppleTlsContext.InitializeConnection () [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/System/Mono.AppleTls/AppleTlsContext.cs:281 
  at Mono.AppleTls.AppleTlsContext.StartHandshake () [0x00015] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/System/Mono.AppleTls/AppleTlsContext.cs:151 
  at Mono.Net.Security.MobileAuthenticatedStream.ProcessHandshake (Mono.Net.Security.AsyncOperationStatus status) [0x00014] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/System/Mono.Net.Security/MobileAuthenticatedStream.cs:603 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) Mono.Net.Security.MobileAuthenticatedStream:ProcessHandshake (Mono.Net.Security.AsyncOperationStatus)
  at Mono.Net.Security.AsyncHandshakeRequest.Run (Mono.Net.Security.AsyncOperationStatus status) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/System/Mono.Net.Security/AsyncProtocolRequest.cs:282 
  at Mono.Net.Security.AsyncProtocolRequest+<ProcessOperation>d__24.MoveNext () [0x000ff] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/System/Mono.Net.Security/AsyncProtocolRequest.cs:221 
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x0000c] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/exceptionservices/exceptionservicescommon.cs:152 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00037] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:187 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00028] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:156 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00008] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:128 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:447 
  at Mono.Net.Security.AsyncProtocolRequest+<StartOperation>d__23.MoveNext () [0x00046] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/System/Mono.Net.Security/AsyncProtocolRequest.cs:187 
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x0000c] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/exceptionservices/exceptionservicescommon.cs:152 
  at Mono.Net.Security.MobileAuthenticatedStream+<ProcessAuthentication>d__47.MoveNext () [0x0024e] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/System/Mono.Net.Security/MobileAuthenticatedStream.cs:278 
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional (System.Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) [0x00013] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/threading/Tasks/Task.cs:2159 
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait (System.Int32 millisecondsTimeout, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00043] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/threading/Tasks/Task.cs:3189 
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait () [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/threading/Tasks/Task.cs:3054 
  at Mono.Net.Security.MobileAuthenticatedStream.AuthenticateAsClient (System.String targetHost, System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509CertificateCollection clientCertificates, System.Security.Authentication.SslProtocols enabledSslProtocols, System.Boolean checkCertificateRevocation) [0x0000d] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/System/Mono.Net.Security/MobileAuthenticatedStream.cs:137 
  at Mono.Net.Security.MonoTlsStream.CreateStream (System.Byte[] buffer) [0x0007b] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/System/Mono.Net.Security/MonoTlsStream.cs:116 
  at System.Net.WebConnection.CreateStream (System.Net.HttpWebRequest request) [0x00073] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebConnection.cs:405 
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00059] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/System/System.Net/HttpWebRequest.cs:1031 
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x0000e] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4992/mono-mac-sdk/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/System/System.Net/HttpWebRequest.cs:1043 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x000f6] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:63 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x0019e] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:91 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x0003c] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:35 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x0007e] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:119 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:55 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Get (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00007] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:220 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.NewznabCapabilitiesProvider.FetchCapabilities (NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.NewznabSettings indexerSettings) [0x0009a] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\Newznab\NewznabCapabilitiesProvider.cs:62 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.NewznabCapabilitiesProvider+<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<GetCapabilities>b__0 () [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\Newznab\NewznabCapabilitiesProvider.cs:35 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Cache.Cached`1[T].Get (System.String key, System.Func`1[TResult] function, System.Nullable`1[T] lifeTime) [0x0006a] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Cache\Cached.cs:81 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.NewznabCapabilitiesProvider.GetCapabilities (NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.NewznabSettings indexerSettings) [0x00020] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\Newznab\NewznabCapabilitiesProvider.cs:35 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.Newznab.get_PageSize () [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\Newznab\Newznab.cs:22 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.Newznab.GetRequestGenerator () [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\Newznab\Newznab.cs:26 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.HttpIndexerBase`1[TSettings].TestConnection () [0x00007] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\HttpIndexerBase.cs:315 

Sonarr Ver. 2.0.0.5059

Which version of mono does Sonarr show it’s using on System: Info?

It’s 4.6, the last version of it. Before I installed that, I uninstalled the other, 4.8. So I tried 5.2, 5.0, 4.8, 4.6. I could go further back, but I’m getting a little weary.

FWIW I don’t normally use that indexer but my OS X 10.7 box also fails for it when I just tested. Everything is working fine for a variety of other HTTPS connections. (Sonarr: 2.0.0.5054 Mono: 5.0.1.1)

Thanks, @dagoob. I only tested with that one because it doesn’t require filling in stuff I don’t have handy. The first time I had the problem I began with 2 others and every indexer gave the same failed test for the same reason. It works on the existing setup, just not on the Mini. I can’t enter any indexers on the OS X 10.7 box.

SOLVED
There was a problem with the Jackett install. Thanks for your encouragement, sometimes it helps when you know people are there for you and I appreciate it. I think the differences in the the two OS versions were such that the installation of the various components didn’t “gel”.

I checked the URL in the logged error and it worked on the running system but not on the Mini. I looked to see if localhost:9117 was serving a page. It was not. The rest was easy, reinstall and run it choosing the proper indexes. RarBG still does not validate on testing on that box, while it does on this one.

Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.