Seasons With No Season Number Default To Season 1

Basically what it says in the title. I was downloading some episodes of a show the other day that was at that time still airing, and the site had unfortunately neglected to place “season 1” in the title - the first season was still airing and there were no other seasons. I had to go and manual search+download the episodes because Sonarr flagged them as “unwanted/unrecognised season.”

A few days ago, the season finished and season packs were put up - naturally, those say “season 1,” and there’s no way anybody would upload episodes from a season later than 1 without putting the season name in the title. Still, I can see why you might neglect to put “season 1” if that is the only season, even if it’s a pain.

Any chance for an option (maybe toggleable) so that episodes without a parseable season number are treated as season 1?

In some cases they are (for mini-series), but a number on it’s own without a season number is often an absolute episode number. There really isn’t a good way to differentiate between it being an absolute episode number or the episode number without a season.

In the future we do have plans to use the series information we have to influence the parsing further, but there are no short term plans for that.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.