Seasons/episodes from official and alternate order of TheTVDB are mixed

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5338
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34
Debug logs: -
Description of issue:

One or two days ago Sonarr started to show wrong season and episode information for the series “Money Heist”. It seems like the new “alternate order” of TheTVDB is mixed with the old “official order”.

Here is what TheTVDB shows for the series (https://www.thetvdb.com/series/la-casa-de-papel):

• Official order:
    • Season 1: 15 episodes
    • Season 2: 8 episodes
  • Alternate order (labelled “Netflix” on the site):
    • Season 1: 13 episodes
    • Season 2: 9 episodes
    • Season 3: 8 episodes

And here is what Sonarr shows currently:

• Season 1: 15 episodes (with episode descriptions from the “official order”)
  • Season 2: 9 episodes (episodes 1-8 show the title and description from the “official order”, episode 9 shows the title and description from the “alternate order”)
  • Season 3: 8 episodes (with episode titles from the “alternate order”)

I think the best solution would be if we could configure if we want “official order” or “alternate order” for each series. But even if this is implemented, I understand that it will only come in Sonarr v3. So for Sonarr v2 I suggest to fix it in a way that always returns the “official order”, just like it did before.

This is a problem with the TVDB API, it’s returning episodes from both when it should only be returning the official order.

I believe this has been reported already by @Taloth, but perhaps this is different.

At this time we don’t have plans to support alternate episode ordering (at the very least we’d need to be able to map between the two for things like thexem.de/dealing with releases in different numbering).

Seems like it’s fixed now, thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.