Season/episode not found but is present

Hi, I’m currently using the latest develop of Sonarr on a Qnap system with mono 5.4.1.6 (not the latest but is not a mono problem, I think)

I just found 2 series on my library that are not correctly grabbed

1. The Tick (2016)
  2. Marvel’s Jessica Jones

So in both case if I do a manual search I can’t find any “local” release, but if I search manually via Jackett I can find it!

On Indexer side (on Sonarr) I configured the right category, the same that I use inside Jackett
So here the screen about the search on Jackett

Jessica
Tick

And here the logs about the search, each time I clear all file logs and activated the debug functions and do a manual search but on both search

Log about Marvel’s Jessica Jones:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00710748438780789834

Log about The Tick (2016):
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=07053781512667263487

I don’t know why in both case Sonarr can’t find the full season on Shareisland indexer.

Any idea?

Hope this can help

Jo

1. What’s a “local release”?
  2. Are you sure you have configured the specific (Jackett) Indexer you want on Sonarr correctly (Sonarr side)?
  3. Do other shows work as intended from Sonarr using the specific Indexer you want?
  1. I simply mean that I can’t see any rel from shareisland indexer
    2&3. I hope yes, Sonarr already has already grabbed Others release from shareisland, so I think is all ok on configuration side, only 2 categories on sonarr, like on jackett
    sonarrconf

I just checked Jessica Jones, but what I see is:

1. Those season packs aren’t named in a way that Sonarr can understand, specifically Stagione
  2. More importantly, Sonarr never receives those releases from the indexer, at least in the log you provided.

Ok, Stagione is the same as Season (in my local Language)

for the second problem, I cleared all the log then I start a search for monitored missing episode in series, and all episode are monitored, for that I can see, Sonarr search entire season but no results from shareisland

Then the issue is either it’s disabled or it didn’t return results (either a Jackett or indexer problem).

So, how can I found the issue? Because if I manually search via Jackett I can see the release

Maybe I can provide a Trace log? Can help?

Does Sonarr make a request to that indexer? (debug logs will show it), trace logs will show more, though starting with debug logs should give some idea whether a request was made or not. Also make sure the indexer tests okay in Sonarr.

Ok, tomorrow I’ll post a more detailed log, with only shareisland activated, for now tnx

Ok, I made a test, only shareisland indexer active, make a trace then make a test on shareisland then a search, this’s the logs.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=69321732804401051916

What do you think?

18-3-14 13:05:59.3|Debug|NzbSearchService|Total of 1 reports were found for [Marvel's Jessica Jones : S02] from 1 indexers

Which is:

18-3-14 13:05:59.3|Debug|DownloadDecisionMaker|Processing release 'Marvels Jessica Jones 1080p S02E01 DD5 1 ITA ENG WEBMux mkv' from 'Shareisland'

The result never came back, possibly because Jackett doesn’t search the indexer properly, but whatever it is, it’s not on Sonarr’s side.

For what I know there’s also a single episode on shareisland, so the result about the single episode is correct. Possible that the result is:
18-3-14 13:05:59.3|Debug|DownloadDecisionMaker|Processing release 'Marvels Jessica Jones 1080p S02E01 DD5 1 ITA ENG WEBMux mkv' from 'Shareisland'
?

Where I can find into the logs the exact search that sonarr do? So I can try manually inside jackett, do you think that can be helpfull?

I can ask to Jackett team some info about this strange behavior.

What about the The Tick (2016)? Do you need trace logs also for that?

They’re in that log file, just above the snippets I posted. Not sure it will give you much if Jackett is just forwarding the request to the indexer.

Probably the same issue, not worth spending time on it if that’s the case, if you want to confirm, check the logs, but based on the screenshots, it’s the same thing.

I checked the log, so let me know if I understand, Sonarr search with this code:
18-3-14 13:05:58.1|Debug|Torznab|Downloading Feed http://192.168.2.100:9117/api/v2.0/indexers/shareisland/results/torznab/api?t=tvsearch&cat=5030,5040&extended=1&apikey=(removed)&offset=0&limit=100&q=Marvels%20Jessica%20Jones&season=2

So I see Marvels%20Jessica%20Jones&season=2

I think is like I open a manual search and I search
Marvels Jessica Jones but I don’t know how to concatenate &season=2

btw on jackett if I manually search Marvels Jessica Jones I got this
search

So there’s 3 results, like I said I don’t know how to concatenate &season=2

If I add season 2 I can’t find nothing
s2

because season is not always used in my country, instead if I use stagione here the results
s3

Sorry if I bother you but is only to better understand the situation.

Is possible (if make sense) add a custom searching word during the search? I mean if I set a profile to italian, the word ita italian and italiano are searched, but is only half way if the search in english words.

What do you think about it?

Why though? Those aren’t part of the title or season, it’s just extra content later in the title, which will almost surely mess up the search.

Jackett should be translating the search (including the season=2) to a search that is valid for that indexer, adding more search terms in Sonarr won’t fix that.

Like I said, I don’t know the exact procedure about Sonarr -> Jackett and return :smiley:

But if I understand Sonarr search for Jessica Jones and request to Jackett to extract only season 2, am I right or even close?

So like you said is not helpfull :smiley:

Many tnx for your patience, I think I’ve better understand the problem right now

@markus101

I’ve a question for you, I’m trying to modify the yml file on jackett, the one for shareisland and I found some strange

I successfully made some mod, so now if I do a manual search I can see S02 instead Stagione 2

But I can’t find more than one result from shareisland, my suspect is that sonarr search S02

I’m not asking you to change yml file but I only need to know what this string do when Sonarr launch a search

18-3-16 12:52:13.1|Info|NzbSearchService|Searching 17 indexers for [Marvel's Jessica Jones : S02]

This search for

1. Marvels Jessica Jones S02
    or
  2. Marvels Jessica Jones

Because seems that all the search launched to Jackett are for the 1st one, and is normal that the traker report only 1 result instead 5

I ask you that to better understand and try to “fix” this foreign search issue

That’s the message logged, not exactly what Sonarr tells the indexer to search for.

That is the request to the indexer (Jackett in this case), Jackett should translate that request to a proper search on the indexer. It’s Jackett’s job to translate that request as required (it has everything it needs to do it), it’s not Sonarr’s job to make a custom request to the indexer behind Jackett (it makes the standard Torznab request).

@markus101

I got the logics!

Now I don’t want to look like a teacher but In my opinion, for a future/better and smart foreign integration, Sonarr (and Radarr too, but for that I’ve to ask to Radarr develop team), would be very cool if the search was made like this
http://192.168.2.100:9117/api/v2.0/indexers/shareisland/results/torznab/api?t=tvsearch&cat=5030,5040&extended=1&apikey=(removed)&offset=0&limit=100&q=Marvels%20Jessica%20Jones&season=2&profile=italian
where the very last part is the language in profile settings, inside Sonarr
cat

For Sonarr/Radarr I think is quite a “simple” mod to do, the hard works is on Jackett side, where for each language, can be specified a list of replacements, for example Season or S became Stagione (in italian) and so on …

What do you think? Make sense?
If you think is good I can open a new feature request on Sonarr git for that

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.