Search Selected fails if any items have yellow triangle by episode

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.0.348
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.12.0.226
Debug logs:
Did not run any at the time but can easily run some if its not easily reproducable
Description of issue:
I selected a full page of episodes and hit “search selected”. All I get is a message that says “Fails”. I will briefly see all items selected have the status column change to spinning circle but very quicky stops with the filed message

After playing around with it, the issue seems to be episodes where the episode number has the yellow triangle for “no absolute episode number”. If I de-select all of those, search selected works. Check any of those and it fails.

From Wanted: Missing?

Sonarr can’t search for an episode by absolute episode number if it’s missing, which is required for Anime series. If it shouldn’t be searching by absolute episode number fix the series type, otherwise the absolute episode number will need to be added on TheTVDB.

Totally get that it cannot search for absolute episode number if it is missing. However, if I select 20 items and 1 of those is missing absolute number, I’d expect it to bypass that one and still search the other 19. Instead the whole process terminates and doesn’t search any of them. .

Did some more testing with that in mind and you are right. It was one specific show that was marked anime that shouldn’t have been.

However, I would still say that if I have 100 items selected and one has an error it shouldn’t cause the whole search process to fail but just that one item and still search the others.

So definitely was overall an error on my part but do think sonarr should react better to it (and this show was like that in v2 and it never failed a whole search process)

So definitely was overall an error on my part but do think sonarr should react better to it (and this show was like that in v2 and it never failed a whole search process)

This behaviour hasn’t changed, v2 does the exact same thing.

I’ve made a note to take a look later though.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.