Search for Season Packs (torrent)

Hi guys,

what is the expected behavior for complete seasons? I have 3 indexers configured. BTN, HDBits, and FreshonTV(cardigann)

For example, if I search for a westworld episode, i only get results from BTN, and only season packs. (since the individual episodes are deleted from most trackers)
But there are NO results from either HDB and FresonTV. When i search through cardigann, i get results.
I even configured the category in the indexer page, so it’s not the issue.

is this expected or not? Why i get results only from BTN in case of season packs when i manually search for an episode?

Also, is there any chance that you guys add native freshonTV support maybe? They have a TON of free leech season packs, which are awesome. (not sure they can be tagged in sonarr, but in radarr, the special PTP torrents are tagged)

thanks

Sonarr shows season search results for BTN (and only BTN) if you do a manual search for episodes because BTN does remove single episodes, to search for season packs on other indexers you’ll need to do a season search and let Sonarr pick the best result.

We have plans to add a manual search for seasons, but that requires additional work to support filtering of results in the UI.

If FreshOn has a real API we could look at supporting it (we’d need a dev with an account though), if they don’t have an API we won’t support it directly as we won’t do screenscraping.

Thanks for the info!
if they don’t have api, how can cardigann do searches?

thanks

They do screenscraping.

If you really want proper support then Frenshon should look into implementing the torznab api, it’s generic and fairly straightforward.

Has support to search for seasons been added yet? Seasons still don’t show up if you manually search for a single episode. So far the only way I’ve managed to do it is by manually downloading the torrent, putting into client, downloading, then manually adding to Sonarr.

To be clear the seasons exist but Sonarr just doesn’t search for them.

It’s always been supported, but it’s only as good as Jackett/Cardigann/the indexer is when it returns results.

And they won’t, a Manual Search for seasons is something we want to do at some point:

Thank you Markus. Since you mention it’s possible/supported and i’m using Deluge/Jackett/Sonarr would I be able to do that? I don’t see how, but I’m still fairly new to Sonarr.

To search for a season you would press the season search button:

If your indexer returns season packs in the results Sonarr will process them, if the season pack isn’t rejected for some reason (plenty of reasons why it could be, then it would be grabbed. Check the Debug logs to see which results Sonarr was returned and how each one was processed.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.