SceneSeasonNumber wrong for a show

Sonarr version (exact version): I just pulled latest code off phantom-develop branch, had same issue
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs: n/a
Description of issue:

Hello, I been trying to use sonarr interactive season search. Specifically with the show “American Dad”. I went to use the season pack search. It didn’t work, originally. Had to debug sonarr/jacket to figure out there is a limit param (not sure if I can changed). Ended up just adding another indexer specifically for tv pack category to workaround the limit.

However a bigger problem I noticed was that when i searched for s14 I got back s13 results. I debugged the code and saw the below code setting the search spec season number to SceneSeasonNumber which I guess was wrong in this case. I assume that is because tvdb has the wrong data or not (I found other instances where their episode lists were wrong)

I guess my question is why rely on the scene season number at all? I tweaked the code locally to just the normal season number and everything worked fine.

NzbSearchService.cs#SeasonSearch

if (sceneSeasonEpisodes.Count() == 1)
                    {
                        var episode = sceneSeasonEpisodes.First();
                        var searchSpec = Get<SingleEpisodeSearchCriteria>(series, sceneSeasonEpisodes.ToList(), userInvokedSearch, interactiveSearch);

searchSpec.SeasonNumber = seasonNumber;
                        searchSpec.MonitoredEpisodesOnly = true;

if (episode.SceneSeasonNumber.HasValue && episode.SceneEpisodeNumber.HasValue)
                        {
                            searchSpec.EpisodeNumber = episode.SceneEpisodeNumber.Value;
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            searchSpec.EpisodeNumber = episode.EpisodeNumber;
                        }

var decisions = Dispatch(indexer => indexer.Fetch(searchSpec), searchSpec);
                        downloadDecisions.AddRange(decisions);
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        var searchSpec = Get<SeasonSearchCriteria>(series, sceneSeasonEpisodes.ToList(), userInvokedSearch, interactiveSearch);
                        searchSpec.SeasonNumber = seasonNumber;

var decisions = Dispatch(indexer => indexer.Fetch(searchSpec), searchSpec);
                        downloadDecisions.AddRange(decisions);
                    }

@Thirrian thanks for the response, that would explain why the search is returning wrong results. So would the appropriate action be to try to submit an edit for american dad (for example) to fix their scene/season mappings?

This has been discussed at length on the TVDB forums and they are completely intractable about it; they are not going to change, and the seasons are locked so nobody can edit them. Unfortunately this is just something we have to put up with. But in my experience, Sonarr’s scene mapping generally does an excellent job of downloading the correct episode, even when the TVDB data is wrong.

You mean cesspool of narcistic people who’d make great feudal lords of a small but insignificant kingdom, and who need to compensate that by lopping off heads for not bowing deep enough when they deign to walk among the commoners.

That said, this is why we have thexem.de
So if anything needs remapping from thetvdb, it can be done. I believe IRC is the way to get in touch with someone nowadays.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.