Scene Mapping not working for Gold Rush

I’m trying to get my season 5 episodes of Gold Rush situated. I looks like XEM is accounting for the scene vs. tvdb mismatches starting at episode 9: http://thexem.de/xem/show/1054

However, this is not being reflected in my sonarr DB…i.e. S05E10 is listed as “Grandpa John” where it should be “Parker’s Accident” according to scene naming.

I forced a Scene Mapping update but it did not correct the issue. Is there any other recourse?

TIA!

John

Sonarr will still show the episodes as whatever TheTVDB has, it will only use the scene numbering when processing releases from your indexers and when importing.

If you over over the episode number on the series details page it will show you what its mapped to.

Thank you Markus. That makes it much clearer.

I’m still somewhat confused about this particular scenario? The scene is treating the Granpa John episode as a Special (Gold.Rush.S05.Pay.Dirt.Special.Grandpa.John.ALTERNATE.CUT.HDTV.x264-W4F) but when I hover over the EP# in Sonarr, XEM has it mapped to EP10 (the same as Parker’s Accident).

Does this mean that XEM data is wrong?

John

I think its due to how its mapped, I believe the connection (absolute passthrough) between TVDB and Master on thexem.de would need to be broken and everything would have to be mapped directly for the first 3 seasons.

Ahhh…that makes sense. I’ll jump in their IRC channel later today and see if I can get it straightened out.

Thx Markus.

John

hi, did you figure this out johnodon?

The Grandpa John episode has been autorenamed to: Gold Rush - S05E10-11 - Grandpa John + Parker’s Accident

The Parker’s accident episode has been auto renamed to: Gold Rush - S05E12 - Ship of Fools

and so on.

It means sonarr is 2 episodes out of sync with scene releases.

Did you figure out a way to fix this?

Yeah, this is starting to get pretty annoying - anyone any ideas on how to fix?

Thexem.de needs to be kept up to date, its user contributed so someone has to do it as new episodes are added to thetvdb.

1 Like

Looking at xem, the episodes appear to be correctly mapped: http://thexem.de/xem/show/1054

As in, S05E10 looks to be mapped to S05E11 in the TVDB - which is now correct. S05E10 was a special.

Sonarr is still showing E10 as the special though - so it doesn’t seem to be reading TV info from Xem, it’s reading from TVDB. Is there a setting or something that I’m missing here?

I’m likely being a cretin. I just want that stupid Grandpa John episode to sod off, because the scene doesn’t count it as ep10.

Sonarr will still show the data from TheTVDB, it will just use the xem data to map when searching and processing episodes.

The point of the xem in Sonarr is to translate the sorted episodes on disk to TheTVDB numbering so it works well with Kodi, Plex and other media centers.