Scanning Problems

Hey,

Before I begin I’ll note that this is a problem I’m also having with Radarr too, which as far as I can tell is based on the same issue.

I have Sonarr and Radarr running on a Mac with Transmission, linked in with Radarr and Sonarr in a barebones fashion. Sonarr and Radarr both periodically attempt to grab 110% of the CPU on my machine, which makes the fans go mad and certainly isn’t good for its health.

I have movies downloading to /disk/torrents/Downloads, Sonarr and Radarr symlinking to /disk/torrents/Movies and /disk/torrents/TV. I also have unrelated music stored in /disk/Music. Examination of the trace logs showed that both Radarr and Sonarr are attempting to parse the thousands of tracks in this Music folder.

A supporter from the Radarr Discord suggested that the programs were attempting to scan all the files in my torrent client, even though I had not pointed them at the Music folder, and I confirmed this given that all the CPU usage goes away when I disable Transmission in Sonarr settings.

My question is - do you have any suggestions for how I might continue to use Transmission, both for Sonarr and Radarr and for unrelated downloads, but prevent them from scanning every single download in it and causing massive lag? Thanks :slight_smile:

Set up categories.
Sonarr > Settings > Download Client > Transmission > set the Category to e.g. sonarr.
From now on, sonarr will only look at torrents in Transmission with that category (which, by the way, translates to a subdirectory of the download location for transmission).
You’ll have to change any current downloads in transmission to use this location for sonarr to see them.

Repeat for Radarr, with a radarr category.

I did so, and it didn’t create any folder with that name (that I could find, I checked) and continued to pump my CPU. I’ve already got partitioning of torrents set up in Transmission itself (e.g. torrents from MovieTrackerA go to /disk/Cinema/downloads/MovieTrackerA, torrents from MovieTrackerB go to /disk/Cinema/downloads/MovieTrackerB, torrents from MusicTracker go to /disk/Cinema/music). Does it matter where I set the main “default” Transmission download location? No torrents actually use this location, but since movies/TV all download into subfolders of /disk/Cinema/downloads, I have to somehow set it to only scan this folder? Thanks for all your help

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.