Save Downloaded Files to Different Location

Sonarr version 2.0.0.5163:
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):

I have searched the forum and can’t find an answer to my question. If it exists if you could point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.

What I would like to do is have Sonarr import the list of TV shows from one folder (my main library) and when it downloads and renames the file put it into another folder (my download library).

I am not wanting my original files mixed with the new downloads so that I can go through the new downloads and decide which I want to go into my main library. I have found that sometimes I get more than one quality version, the new version isn’t better than the original, etc. I want more control of what goes into my original. I know this makes me do a little more work, but I have a cleaner main library.

I know once I put it into my original folder that I can update the library and it will have the shows show up and monitored for a better version.

Thanks for any help and advice.

I’m not 100% sure what you’re trying to achieve but Sonarr can only use one folder per show regardless
That said if I am understanding correctly I found a way to keep optimal quality seasons separate to current (upgradable quality) seasons in a way that Sonarr believes all seasons of a single show are on the same hard drive. Sadly I’m on Windows and am using Directory Junctions. However a similar thing can probably be done on other OS.

In the unlikely event that what I have is anything like what you want get back to me and I’m more than happy to go into greater detail.:grinning:

@Hitsville Thanks for the heads up. I haven’t heard of Directory Junctions before, but that won’t do what I need. It was an excellent attempt at trying to solve my problem though. Thanks for letting me know about it. Much appreciated.

On a previous version I had a windows machine that mapped a network drive to the Qnap NAS. On that one I was using Sonarr with SABNzbd. I was having SABNzbd rename the files. SABNzbd didn’t do as good of a job as Sonarr does. But with that setup I was able to have Sonarr be aware (I don’t know a better way of saying this since I have seen people criticized for saying monitored) of my main folder on the Mapped drive and also be aware of the download drive. So Sonarr knew of the files in two locations when it searched for new files or better quality files.

I have switched to put Sonarr directly on my Qnap NAS and use NZBGet instead. Sonarr does a fantastic job of renaming and grouping for 98% of the files. So I much prefer this approach. I just miss the control of me deciding which files to replace once downloaded. On the other machine sometimes a lower quality version was trying to replace a better quality version.

I might try running one of the scripts on NZBGet, but I haven’t quite figured those out yet. It would be a lot easier if Sonarr did my work ;o)

So I am guessing I need to head over to the suggestion pile. If anyone else has any ideas I would appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.