Runing Sonarr on a schedule

Hi, not sure this is the best place to ask this but I though I’d ask the community because some of you might have been through this thought process already.

Here is my problem: I have a lot of data and as a results I have a lot of disks and servers running 24/7, electricity has become very expensive where I am, and I’m currently spending more on that than my mortgage, which doesn’t really make too much sense for my bank account or the environment.

In order to solve this issue, I though I’d run the servers on a schedule, I could for example start them in the evening for the movie night, then at night, let sonarr scan and download for a few hours ( I have a decent connection so that shouldn’t take too long) and then shutdown the service.

Then I realised that this might cause some other problems, having the drives doing boot cycle every-day isn’t great. It would also make it easier to miss releases even though I’m using jackett to cache them, I don’t know how many I’d keep before losing the old ones. Finally there are all those scheduled tasks that sonarr run in the background, so if the storage server is down it’s probably not a good idea to have it still running and sending things to a seedbox, and waiting for the storage to be back up to import the new episodes.

So I guess my question is how do people with large dataset use it efficiently ? Is there even a way or are stuck having to run it 24/7?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.