RTorrent timeout through Ubuntu but not Windows

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4949
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.2.0.215
((Debug logs)): https://pastebin.com/KJ7BVa9C

Description of issue:

Hello everyone, I’ve been at this for a couple of days now and am about ready to tear my hair out! I’ve had Sonarr installed on my Windows PC for a long time and have used it with no issue at all. I’ve recently built a new media server that runs Ubuntu 16.04. This is all on the same network with all the same settings. For some reason, when I try to download what I assume is a larger torrent file, I get a time out message when attempting to send it to RTorrent. This is happening currently when I try to download a full season of a show. But, I am able to download individual episodes of shows with no issue. The same type of behavior exists in Radarr as well.

I don’t believe this is an RTorrent issue as I still have Sonarr setup on my Windows machine and it picks up and sends the same torrents that are failing on the Ubuntu machine instantly. The only thing I can think of is that there is some type of size restriction on Ubuntu through SSL, which is how I’m connecting to my seedbox, that is blocking the sending of these files. But that is just a theory as I feel like I have exhausted all of my other options.

Any help with this would be much appreciated, thanks!

Edit: I have now installed Sickrage and this pulls all of the torrents that I request so I no longer think this is an SSL issue. Not sure what to do from here out but I would like to use Sonarr instead as I like the UI better and have used it for years not to mention this issue still persists in Radarr and there isn’t a good alternative for that.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.