rTorrent support

Yeah, that’s my understanding also. Would be nice if Sonarr implemented a “download directory” instead or in addition to the label. With Sickrage, you can specify a download directory which is nice. Currently, everything is going into the root directory (/torrents/data) instead of going where I want it to (/torrents/data/tv).

Auto tools hasn’t been working reliably for me. I think when the torrent is active at the time it is completed, the files don’t end up getting moved and stay in the root download location. I tried setting auto tools to hard link the files instead but even in that case some shows were still being left in the root download location.

I use sonarr locally and rtorrent at a remote location. I rely on ftp to transfer the shows rtorrent downloads to a local folder which I have set as my drone-factory folder. It’s not easy to do this unless the shows are in a specific location. I imagine a setup where rtorrent and sonarr are on the same machine and CDH can be used this isn’t as much of a problem. But even in that case, I’m sure there are those who like their download folders to be tidy with tv in one place, movies in another etc.

Does the drone-factory folder try renaming and moving before the files are completely downloaded? Since you are ftp’ing straight into that folder? I’m thinking of doing something similar but using Syncthing to sync my tv files from my seedbox straight into the drone factory folder but afraid of it trying to rename and move incomplete files.

I am using lftp. You can set a temporary filename until the transfer is complete. So I haven’t had a problem with drone factory trying to move things before they complete. I think I tried using syncthing but if I remember correctly I did have the problem you describe because I don’t think syncthing uses temporary filenames. BitTorrent sync on the other hand did work for me.

Interesting. Do you get faster speeds with lftp? As far as BTSync is concerned, does it automatically give the files temp filenames until transfer is complete? Or do I have to set that up somehow? Too bad, because Syncthing syncs so much faster than BTSync for me. But maybe I’ll consider using lftp…

I think I am getting about the same speeds with lftp as I was with both syncthing and bittorrent sync. My connection is not all that fast though. Btsync does automatically use temporary file names. Here is the script I use to run lftp. I run the script with upstart which in turn runs lftp.

Thank you, I may have to give that a try. I actually tested Syncthing last night and drone factory didn’t import before it was completed, so I was happy to see that. Thanks for the help!

Any word on getting rTorrent support fixed so we can set the download directory? As it is now, it’s not fully working unless your using completed download handling.

you’re supposed to be using completed download handling…

markus mentioned he might be look into rRorrent, but no promises.

What would be a good way to set up CDH if rTorrent is at a remote location and my NAS(Synology)/media server with Sonarr is local?

Right now I using lftp to transfer the completed downloads to the local drone factory folder. Is there a better way to do this with CDH turned on?

Best is probably a sshfs-like mount, mounting the remote server directly.

I thought you were going to say that. I have been trying to install/compile fuse and sshfs on my synology ds412+ but haven’t had any luck geting it installed. If anyone has had any luck getting an sshfs mount working on a syno, please let me know how you did it.

rTorrent folder support was added last week, passed my basic testing but give it a whirl.

1 Like

Is it possible for it to monitor a different directory for downloaded files then the one that is configured to go to rtorrent?

Couldn’t process tracked download Power.S02E07.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-KiNGS: value [/home/nytemyst/downloads/tv/Sonarr/Power.S02E07.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-KiNGS] is not a valid Windows path. paths must be a full path eg. C:\Windows
Parameter name: path

It’s looking for the path on the seedbox which makes sense why it’s doing that but in my scenario i’m synching the files back to the local machine with a different path.

Use a remote path mapping, setup on Download client settings.

Some other threads that mention the issue are here:

https://forums.sonarr.tv/search?q=is%20not%20a%20valid%20Windows%20path.%20paths%20must%20be%20a%20full%20path%20eg.%20C%3A\Windows

Most recently:

1 Like

Thank you so much for adding the ability to set the download directory. So far everything is working as expected. I’m happy that now my rTorrent download folder isn’t such a mess anymore!

Still having trouble with this. Sonarr’s test works out fine, but when I add torrents in sonarr they don’t get added to the client. The SCGI port seems to work, as other applications like transdroid can use it fine. I have only the xmlrpc installed.

Sonarr uses http/https to connect to the XMLRPC endpoint, I’m not sure if rutorrent is the only provider of this, but it does work.

A post was split to a new topic: rTorrent with nginx proxy not working