RSS Feed Grabs (over 3000 never finishes) causing excessive CPU use

Sonarr version (exact version):
Newest
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Win !0
((Debug logs)):
Description of issue:
Weird issue, been noticing lately that Sonar is processing a huge rss feed of 3000+ it always seems to timeout so it never finishes within the 15 minute time frame.
Here is what it says, it number goes up very slow.

(rsssync] Processing release 208/3131

Is there anyway to reset the RSSsync or limit the number? I saw a way to limit the time but, 3000+ is way too much and kills cpu.

Thanks!

What is the exact version?

Doesn’t matter if it takes 5 seconds or 5 hours, the RSS Sync Interval only applies after it completes, so while Sonarr will check if it’s running it won’t start another one until the previous completes.

How many indexers?
When is the last time it completed? (System: Tasks will show the last run time)

We’re going to need ((trace logs)) of an RSS Sync (from the start until it hangs) to see why it is failing.

Version is 2.0.0.49493

I have Two indexers NZBgeek and Nzb.su last execution was 5 hours ago.

The RSS sync does around 0-200 really fast within two seconds or so then does the following 1800 (I removed a bunch of shows to get the count lower) very slowly. Maybe 1 per 3 seconds or so. I have been waiting a couple of hours and it is not even half done. When it completed I will try to get a log up.

Is there a way to limit the amount of RSS requests to say 200 per interval?

I should mention the nzbdrone.exe is pegging my second core I2500k 100% nonstop and uses about 20% of the other cores nonstop.

Here are some log files if they help

Did an extra 3 sneak in?

In most cases the number of shows doesn’t matter, it’s the number of indexers (and how many results they’ve had to page back). Sonarr starts at 1 page of 100 on those indexers and then pages back up to a total of 10 pages (1000 results). Going from 3000 to 2000 sounds like you removed an indexer (or Sonarr didn’t get results from one for some reason).

If Sonarr is able to check periodically (at least once an hour) then that is exactly what it’ll do.

High CPU usage during an RSS sync is somewhat expected since it’ll just churn through results as fast as possible, the logs show it taking 3-4 seconds a release, which is a bit slower than I’d expect, but overall isn’t too bad.

I also see that almost every release is accepted which means Sonarr wants it for some reason, which tells me that possibly those releases are failing to send to your download client and Sonarr is holding on to them, to try again later.

Sonarr doesn’t process the accepted releases until after they are all processed (but even still that’ll take a while to process and send them to your download client).

How many items does Sonarr currently show in Activity: Queue?

• Are most of showing as pending or stored (forget the exact wording)? (hover over the icon on the left to see the status)
    When was the last time RSS Sync actually completed? (System: Activity)
    Do you have logs from the very end of the RSS sync? (after Processing release 1914/1914)

Thanks Markus101.

Here is some more info. I left it running and basically it is sitting on 1914/1914.

Here is a screenshot

Just noticed I snuck a 3 in there by mistake, sorry about that.

The last time it looks like it completed was 8 hours ago.

Nothing seems to be showing up in the queue

Here is the newest logs.

Thanks for all the help you are giving me!

17-8-24 19:46:03.1|Debug|PendingReleaseService|The release Million Dollar Listing New York S05E07 A More Modern Family WEBRIP-MEGATV is already pending with reason DownloadClientUnavailable, changing to Fallback

Logs are filled with that/similar log messages, which does explain the 1900+ results, and processing 1914/1914 (looks like we never update the UI message after processing the last release so it gets stuck on it while it processes everything).

Could you make a ((backup)) of your DB, zip it up (if you do a manual backup) and then PM me a dropbox link to grab the DB? I want to see what Sonarr is holding onto and why it’s not showing items in the queue as I’d expect (and I’ll also clean it up so we can get you running again).

Have you at anytime used NZBHydra as an indexer within Sonarr? (it’s an aggregator for indexers)

Thanks again Markus101. Really appreciate the help.

I made a copy of the DB and zipped it here for you.

I woke up this morning to [rsssync]Processing release 2126/2126. It looks like it did finish 3 hours ago though.

It looks like a bunch of failed downloads have been stored in the DB and aren’t getting cleared out. I’ll have to dig into this more to see why it’s happening, because best I can tell things were delayed, eventually grabbed, but other delayed grabs weren’t removed.

Your fixed DB fixed it, took literally 5 seconds to grab 400~ rss. Thanks so much! I tossed you guys a donation, it did not send me a notification email but it showed as completed and gave a green checkmark (Credit card donation), so if it doesnt show up for you guys shoot me a pm and I will try another CC.

Thanks again!

Awesome and thanks!

Now to try and sort out what caused it in the first place.

I had a similar issue, I had 900+ entries in the PendingReleases table.
It seemed to me that the releases belonged to an indexer that I already disabled since. They did not have a download client either.

Hope it helps!

I had the same/similar problem and it was resolved by deleting all rows in the PendingReleases table older than todays date.

I also am getting the same issue as the original poster. I am fairly new to nzb’s in general and sonarr. Any help is appreciated. If you need files from me, just let me know what you need and where I can retrieve them from to post them to you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.